FDIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.9

DRR Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview process was with a panel of 3-5 interviewers. The process was pretty simple. Each member of the panel asked at least one question. The questions were very thought provoking, but great questions. I walked away from the interview feeling very confident. The panel members conducted themselves in a very professional manner but were kind as well.

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was four behavioral questions about initiative, teamwork, and leadership. They read me the job description verbatim from the job posting, told me they'd ask four questions, and left room at the end for follow up questions. It is a little intimidating as there is no feedback given during the interview. They do allow time for you to think about a response, as well as time for them to take notes when you're finished answering. Prepare answers to the questions on here and you'll be able to adapt them to the questions you're asked. I recommend tailoring the questions to the skills they're looking for. For example, sneak a teamwork skill into the initiative question. Also remember, if you present a problem that you faced in a certain situation, tell them how you've fixed it or are working to fix it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative that led to conducting research on a particular matter.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge in a team and how your resolved the challenge.   Answer Question

Consumer Affairs Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Applied in April, attended panel interview beginning of May, received tentative job offer, did equip and fingerprint. Received LOI about some stuff on my credit report, I responded and now I'm waiting on a determination to be made from my LOI response and preliminary clearance before I get a start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations have been made yet, I have not gotten my final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

This process is not as demanding as expected. You are given ample time to prepare for the interviews and assessments. Really all you need to do is be yourself and show them why you should be hired. There will be a lot of people there who won't get hired in a million years, but are there for race, age, gender etc reasons. Be likable and be willing to help during the team assessment.

Interview Questions

• I signed a confidentiality agreement. Other people have broken this. Look at theirs. Advice is to come up with a story for each question. Let them really understand your skills.   Answer Question

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The FDIC came to my college's career fair. From there, I expressed interest and made some connections within the agency. I applied for the position via their link. The application process was a bit much. The interview was pretty straightforward. I was only asked four behavioral questions. Glassdoor helped a lot. Know your resume and be able to give examples and whatnot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available, different locations get different pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

2 Day Recruitment Event with an Offer given on the morning of the 3rd Day. Business dress is a MUST! Very strict security and no wondering around by yourself once the day starts.

Interview Questions

• There are 5 testing areas which can be a little stressful. The stress is all the down time and waiting in between.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

It is a 3 day event where they explain exactly what you are getting yourself into. They place emphasis on the amount of traveling that will be done the first four year of employment. There were 5 different tests/situations that you were graded on so even if you bombed one you still had a chance to be hired.

Interview Questions

• You are made to sign an agreement that you will not discuss interview questions or scenario information   1 Answer

Deputy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The Federal Government hiring process differs significantly from the private sector hiring process.
    If referred from resume, and if selected to be interviewed, a panel ask you 4-6 questions (but instead of giving you a printout of the questions, you are told you have to write them down). And you get one question at a time. You're typically only given an hour; though, I've been on a 2.5 hour interview.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very ordinary and basic Just know the companies values and what they do. Know who the CEO is and know current economic conditions. Know basic and current news about the company

Senior Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Lexington, KY).

Interview

Structured interview - limited to three questions. The website helps with the types of questions as does the job posting itself. There were two people in the interview and it was exactly 1 hour. Don't hesitate to ask the interviewees to repeat the question as they can be very long. And also write down the question as they ask it so you remember all parts of the question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict, explain what happened, your role, and the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They matched my current pay in the private sector with no questions.

See What FDIC Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Resolution Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros: “There is no better place to work, work hard, follow policy and procedures, be respectful to your fellow employees - I have worked for the FDIC for many years, and it's the best job...”“There is no better place to work, work hard, follow policy and procedures, be respectful to your fellow employees - I have worked for the FDIC for many years, and it's the best job ever. I couldn't wait to arrive, get to work and get resolutions to issues needing immediate attention. If you worked in receivership resolutions, time was of the essence. Always respected, and promoted on my merits. Best employer in my 40 years of employment-I've been working since I was 13 :) my personal work ethic is take personal responsibility, follow policy, respect for senior management for those who walked before you, they know the final resolution. Their hard work put them in senior positions - be respectful. D.J. Recchia” – Full Review