FDIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDIC Interview Questions

Interviews at FDIC

2.9

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Was called in for a structured interview. Interview was made of a panel of individuals in the business area. Was given a series of questions to answer. No discussions were allowed. The interviewers were only allowed to repeat the question

Capital Markets Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

A littel disorganized at first as far as the intern program is concerned, but once you are in the door it is a pretty fast intregation into the system. The interview is basic and as long as you know what you are talking about, you wil be fine.

Senior Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

It is a structured interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, need to present proof of old salary.

Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDIC (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Go to DC and do simple test. The test included written, verbal, and analytical tests. Before that you have to do an interview with some managers. The ask you four comprehensive questions. Before that you have to have a solid resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions about teamwork and composure.   1 Answer

Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

Not complex

Interview Questions

• Cant remember but you need accounting and finance background to answer some of these questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

they will match up to certain amount any offers you may have with other employers.

Student Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy interview. Basic behavioral questions and assessment of fit. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Negotiation

NA

FInancial Institution Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application and was invited to attend the 3 day recruitment/interview event. The first day they went over the description, salary, benefits of the job, etc. I think we also did the writing test this day. The second day is where everything took place. You had to take a test, do a presentation, work with a group and then present, and lastly the interview. The third day they announced the people that were hired.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted over a span of two days with an offer being extended after breakfast on the third day. This a testing interview and there are plenty of things they are looking for: initiative, teamwork, and how well you fit in the culture. They also look for you to justify any decisions made during the tests.

The process is nerve-racking. Out of 44 people, 13 were hired. I don't believe all field offices were able to pick someone; according to another applicant hiring managers are unable to pick anyone who scores below a certain threshold. If you fail too many of the tests and the interview, then you won't be hired. Some of the people offered the position felt they did poorly in one test but average/above average on the rest, so doing poorly in one area won't hurt you too badly.

And don't be afraid to make a social faux pas. I made one. Another guy made one. We were both hired. You're going up against accounting experience, advanced degrees, and veterans. It's a tough competition. You'll be tempted to act like a shark - don't. No one who received an offer acted that way. Be polite, make friends with your group, discuss the position with your recruiter and your interviewers, and more importantly make sure the FDIC is the right place for you.

Interview Questions

• They have themes for each question, of which there are four. I would go in knowing three or four characteristics about yourself you'd like to share with them and have one or two examples for each one. All of the questions here already are similar to the questions I answered.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Interview lasted from noon on Wednesday to Thursday evening. Friday morning they let you know whether you are offered a position. Assessment process consisted of a writing/grammar assessment, an individual presentation, a group presentation and a 1:1 interview (with three interviewers). I believe they are looking for the "whole package", not necessarily a certain "look" Can you read/write in coherent thoughts, sentences and paragraphs and tie it all together or do you write in slang or write like you text? The solo and group presentations and solo interview were not difficult though they could be a little nerve racking because you don't know exactly what to expect.

I believe it's important that you know the difference between business dress and business casual. Again, if they are looking for the "whole package" to fit into their culture, you need to dress and act like you really want to be part of their culture. (Remember, when you walk into a bank on examination day, you need to LOOK PROFESSIONALl). It probably doesn't hurt to also engage with the employees, all the way from security at the front door to the highest level in the organization. Do you think all of those FDIC "volunteers" (the people that help you get to where you need to go) are not also observing you? I can't say that they DO have input into whether you are selected or not, but it seems to me that they are in a great position to provide feedback to those that do make the final selection.

My observation is that the interviewees who asked lots of (what's in it for me) questions, those who used poor judgment in discerning between business dress and business casual and those that exuded over-the-top confidence because they currently work for the government were not offered a position. I'd recommend being confident, taking charge when necessary (but don't be overbearing), being humble, and doing some homework about the agency before you show up so that you are not the one asking 1,001 questions and getting every other applicant annoyed with you.

The FDIC performs a public trust background check on you (after you accept your tentative offer) and before they give you the final offer letter. Know what a public trust background check entails so that if you are offered the position, you are not disqualified based on not being able to pass that part of the process.

It was a nice get-away, the entire FDIC staff was very professional, and the entire trip was paid for.

Interview Questions

• No assessment, presentation scenario, or interview question was hard; complying with the time constraints to complete each assignment presented a bit of a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. However, over the course of four years you can move from approximately $50k to $80k as long as your performance meets or exceeds standards.

Interview

After a resume screen, you go to DC for a two day final interview. You have to do a simple math case, team work assessment, writing assignment, and interview. The writing assignment is the most important -- if the writing isn't satisfactory, you won't get an offer even if the supervisor really likes you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is difficult, as they ask the same questions every time. When I interviewed, I already knew the exact questions they'd ask because of GlassDoor. But be prepared that in FDIC interviews, they ask a question and then the interviewers do not say a word. They just stare at you and see if you hit the required points on their rubric. It's very awkward.   Answer Question

See What FDIC Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Examiner

Pros: “-As several other real reviews on Glassdoor mentioned, the big pros are the retirement benefits, leave accrual, and their training program. The retirement benefits are great - two 401Ks...”“-As several other real reviews on Glassdoor mentioned, the big pros are the retirement benefits, leave accrual, and their training program. The retirement benefits are great - two 401Ks that both match at 5% (TSP and T. Rowe Price) and pension. I had so much annual leave here that I didn't know what to do with it all. -In general, I would say the people that work at FDIC believe in the mission of the agency. You also feel that your work is meaningful. -Personally, I enjoyed the travel but I know others who hated it. I think the travel is what you make of it. It also depends on how much your office travels. I have great memories of traveling with coworkers all over the place and I actually look back fondly on many of those adventures.” – Full Review