FDIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDIC Interview Questions

Interviews at FDIC

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within 2 weeks of the interview date. I was flown out to DC on a Wednesday. That day you are seperated into groups and you take a proof reading test and writing test. The proof reading assignment focuses on spelling, punctuation and grammar. The writing test is a basic essay (Introduction, body and conclusion/ending). Be sure to follow directions and answer specific questions that they ask you to in the essay! That night, you go to a dinner and listen to a few speakers and then they take you on a tour of DC. The second day is busy but it goes by fast. You start off with a few workshops that tell you more about the company and its benefits. Then you have a business analysis, basic accounting test and an oral presentation. The business analysis is viewing 2 companies and what they have been doing. Know all of your basic accounting formulas. During the oral presentation (on the business analysis), be sure to answer the questions that they ask you to and make sure you take at LEAST 5 minutes. After the presentation, you are broken into groups of 4/5 and taken into a room where people will analyze how you work in a team. Extra information about the businesses from the analysis will be given to you and you have to decide what is best and present it orally as a team. Again, answer ALL the questions and follow directions. Next, you go to a few more information sessions. Last is the structured interview where they ask everyone the SAME four questions and they can not explain them. They will repeat as many times as you would like to. Write down everything and answer all parts of the question. There is NEVER one part to answer. On the third day, they will make you suffer by sitting around waiting for 2 hours but you will either get a job offer or go back to the airport.
    Lodging and food is comfortable and great.

Interview Questions

• Name a change that you have faced (work or school). What steps did you take and what was the outcome?

Name 2/3 strengths that you have when working with a team. Name a time when you faced a problem. What was the problem? What steps did you take to solve the problem and what was the ending result?

Name a time when you had to analyze data? What did you analyze? How did you analyze it? What was the outcome?   4 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. Salary is based on location, locality rates and previous careers, if any.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

I was flown to DC for an event called "super friday". we flew in on thursday, interviewed on friday, and were advised if we got the job on Saturday morning before our flight back home. The interview was fine, and I felt the questions were fair.

Interview Questions

• They don't give you a lot of guidance on how to answer the questions, and they don't repeat the questions, after you've begun your answer. Take a pen and paper in and write down the entire question, especially if its a multiple part question so you can answer the whole thing without leaving anything out   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

They fly you in on a Wednesday and have a social mixer that night. The following day the have a test on very basic math/accounting and writing. They do a teamwork interview and a structured interview. The spend most of the time discussing the postions through numerous classes. I personally felt 90% of the process was unnecessary. I was one of the only candidates without an MBA and/or CPA with 5 plus years experience. The only applicants I saw hired from my class were already interns or working as temps, and even some of them did not get offers. If given the option to interview again I would not.

Financial Institution Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Offered opportunity to fly out to DC for three day interview process. Writing analysis and proofreading assessments on day one, as well as a oral presentation. 2nd day a team-building event and the structured interview. Behavioral based questions -

Interview Questions

• What steps did you take to resolve a complex problem?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on USAJobs, received a call to fly out about a month later. Went to DC and had two days of various assessments followed by a third day in which offers were handed out. The first day was a basic writing assessment (easy prompt in which you are asked to compare and contrast two things) and dinner across from the white house. The second day involved a basic behavioral interview with 3 people, as well as a business presentation. The presentation included an hour long preparation phase in which you do some basic math (know basic accounting formulas) and compare and contrast two offers. In the second portion, you are asked to present your findings to a panel of three FDIC employees who will not ask you questions. Finally, you will be asked to participate in a teamwork assessment in which a group of candidates discuss different business proposals and present on their pros and cons. The following morning, candidates who received offers have their names called and candidates who don't are sent home. In between these events there are a handful of useless info sessions.

Interview Questions

• What is your core work foundation?   4 Answers

Interview

Basic government hiring, four questions to respond to, little interplay.

Interview Questions

• Name most difficult situation you faced and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Washington Dt, CT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington Dt, CT) in November 2009.

Interview

3 day process. You do a writing assessment and a group interview in addition to a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you were presented with a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to analyze data and what the end result was   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is difficult to negotiate unless you have a competing offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

This process is not as demanding as expected. You are given ample time to prepare for the interviews and assessments. Really all you need to do is be yourself and show them why you should be hired. There will be a lot of people there who won't get hired in a million years, but are there for race, age, gender etc reasons. Be likable and be willing to help during the team assessment.

Interview Questions

• I signed a confidentiality agreement. Other people have broken this. Look at theirs. Advice is to come up with a story for each question. Let them really understand your skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

It is a 3 day event where they explain exactly what you are getting yourself into. They place emphasis on the amount of traveling that will be done the first four year of employment. There were 5 different tests/situations that you were graded on so even if you bombed one you still had a chance to be hired.

Interview Questions

• You are made to sign an agreement that you will not discuss interview questions or scenario information   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Read the interview report from June 9th- it's spot on. Relax, be yourself, and trust that your recruiters are on your side. Don't pass up the networking opportunities, and try not to let the down time add to your stress level (somewhat impossible).

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult, it's how you respond to them that really matters. Non-disclosure of assessments and process prevents further elaboration.   Answer Question