FDIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDIC Interview Questions

Interviews at FDIC

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied in January and heard back near the end of March about the status of my application. I got invited to interview at headquarters in Arlington, VA in April. I accepted the job offer mid-April. I am still waiting for my background check to clear and to submit my college transcripts for official hire.

I rated this interview process as difficult only because of the time pressure during the assessments. Nothing was actually difficult to the point of not feeling competent enough to complete the given tasks. There is also a lot of wait time in between assessments, so anxiety might play a factor in making this process mentally difficult. Your most important asset in achieving a job offer is to read and/or follow instructions carefully. In fact, that's what all the recruiters will tell you. I'm not saying that explicit answers can necessarily be found in the instructions, but they do give critical information. Ignoring the instructions can be costly. In between your assessments, take the time to actually socialize and network with others. Teamwork is crucial to succeeding at the FDIC, so make sure you build rapport with your possible future coworkers.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Read the interview report from June 9th- it's spot on. Relax, be yourself, and trust that your recruiters are on your side. Don't pass up the networking opportunities, and try not to let the down time add to your stress level (somewhat impossible).

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult, it's how you respond to them that really matters. Non-disclosure of assessments and process prevents further elaboration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed the application via USAjobs.gov and received a phone call inviting me to attend the applicant assessment event that was scheduled about 2 weeks out. The event was very well planned and executed. The activities followed the schedule that was emailed in advance of the event, so you will know what to expect. You could tell the FDIC wanted to impress the applicants and convey how special the agency is, in general and especially for a government agency. There will be a lot of FDIC staff present. I suggest that you chat with them when you get the chance to gain a great deal of insight into the agency and the position. There will be several staff there who went through the CEP program.
    Once the event officially begins, you don't get much down time, so you have to be "on" all the time. I found that to be the most difficult part. I'm not suggesting that you should be phony, but this is an interview event. Be yourself but be professional. You'll be assigned to a group once you check in and this will be your group for the duration of the event. You go from activity to activity together and even eat meals as a group. If you want to see DC, your only opportunity will be the day you arrive, before the event officially starts, and on the second day after the interviews have been completed. There is a reception and dinner the first night where you will have the chance to network with the people who will be on your business analysis and interview panels. Make use of that opportunity and seek them out!
    The actual assessments aren't very difficult at all and in truth, I don't think you can really prepare in advance for them. The information/knowledge you need is VERY basic. It's just managing the time constraints and doing your best with what you're given. Listen to what the staff tells you to help you prepare. You will have plenty of chances to ask them questions and they encourage it. They were constantly asking if we had questions about what was coming up. Their advice is spot on. They want everyone to be as successful as they can be. And no, they will not tell you anything specific regarding the actual assessments. And yes, we asked many times :)
    The interview questions weren't difficult. They just have multiple parts. Be sure to answer all the parts. Ask them to repeat the question and write the parts down. This is the same advice your recruiters will tell you. LISTEN TO YOUR RECRUITERS!!!! The questions are behavior based. Use STAR, CAR, or whatever other acronym your university's career center uses to formulate your answers.
    All in all it was a great event. The food was fantastic! All of the staff I met were very nice and willing to talk to us even if they were assigned to different groups or regions and seemed to enjoy talking to us. Be yourself. Show that you are someone who works well on a team, can communicate well, and are pleasant to be around.

Interview Questions

• As part of the process, you agree to not share specifics. The questions are standard behavior based interview questions. There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

We had to pass a series of tests ranging from basic math to persuasive writing. Then we had to answer questions and do a brief group presentation. Then after about a week or so you hear back.

Interview Questions

• describe an obstacle you faced with a team and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDIC (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview asked me general behvrioal questions. there were 2 people on the phone who interviewed me

Negotiation

It was easy they offered me the job with in that week and they are very accomodating

Section Chief Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Completion of an online form, received a phone call. I went in for an interview. The employer was considerate. Interview lasted about an hour. No real hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a complex situation and how you were able to resolve it.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied in August 2013 and got called for an interview in October. I was a panel with standard questions. It lasted less than 30 minutes and I never heard back. I requested feedback but never received it.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDIC in January 2015.

Interview

Was expecting some of the tricky interview questions but they stuck with questions based around the KSAs posted in the job announcement. It was a three person panel and after an introduction they read the question but couldn't expand or clarify other than to re-read them. In this case it sounded like they were rating just off the interview question responses and wouldn't be taking resume content into consideration so be prepared to spell out and summarize experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with office equipment.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

5 standard hypothetical questions. There are no follow up questions. Just answer the question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I submitted a written 5 year average of salary history and they came back with the same offer.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very ordinary and basic Just know the companies values and what they do. Know who the CEO is and know current economic conditions. Know basic and current news about the company