FDIC Resolution and Receivership Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDIC Resolution and Receivership Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at FDIC

2.5

Resolution and Receivership Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FDIC in March 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview; a panel of about four people asking a situation type questions. Give me an example where you...... then there were about three follow up questions. How did you handle - what was the outcome of and did you think you were persuasive enough - why?

Interview Questions

• Communication skills - situational - provide an example where you presented .... orally - who - what and the outcome.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FDIC

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Very easy government type interview. They gave the group of people a set of questions before they were asked and they asked the exact questions given. I don't remember the questions though it was over 3 years ago.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They started us at the low salary range because there was a lot of overtime and we couldn't go over out top salary for the paygrade.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview process is different than most, experience in Banking, Finance, Credit. Proven loan experience is essential.

Questions are based on experience(s) you may have had - and how you handled the situation.

Negotiation

In my case, I rejoined the FDIC 1 Grade higher than when I left.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Apply with USAJOBS.gov, resume should include key words within the job posting, describe specific details within your previous work history to include descriptive accomplishment statements based around similar duties of the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a complex issue and what steps you took to manage the issue and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer based on skills and abilities within salary ranges on the job posting.

Resolution and Receivership Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for a position through USAJOBs in September 2009. They called me in February 2010 and offered me a position. I was hired without an interview during the financial crisis based on my regulatory experience at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; salaries are based on federal government guidelines.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Structured interview. 4 questions where you could ask the interviewer repeatedly to repeat the question. Broad questions where you give an example of a tough situation, explain how you resolved it, and the outcome. Typical structured questions by a large org created by a PHD consultant. Not even remotely tailored to the work I actually do.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the garden variety questions that are professionally written by PHD consultants read by folks who have no clue what you actually do or who to hire. The people who interviewed me didn't even work in my department. Complete blind government boondoggle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really. structured salary.