FDM Group Business Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group Business Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.6

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group in January 2017.

Interview

There are 5 rounds including the assessment and essay. The process was great - 2 phone interviews (5 minutes long and 30 minutes long) and 2 skype interviews as well (behavioral and technical).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Emailed them then had a short phone interview that led into an interview day which took about 6 hours to complete. The interview day consisted of three tests one for math one for programming and one for set theory. This was then followed by 3 short 5 minute interviews with company representatives.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Sent in my CV in February, got a call beginning of March for a Skype interview. The Skype interview consisted of the same standard questions posted on glassdoor which was very helpful. They confirmed my acceptance two days later and I am now currently at the assessment centre stage which I will be attending on the 14th of April

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the FDM business model and how the Graduate Programme works?
      Can you tell me about something in the IT industry that you are passionate about?
      What challenges are you looking for in your next role?
      How would you built rapport with other colleagues?
      Could you give me an example of a time when you had to overcome a problem to achieve a goal?
      What transferable skills have you gained from your degree that would make you a successful business consultant?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Newcastle, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of uploading my CV onto their recruitment portal, I received a phone call two days later inviting me to a telephone interview the next day, completed the telephone interview and at the end of the phone call I was invited to an assessment centre on the following Wednesday.

Overall, it was a very quick process and as long as you have researched the company and the IT industry you should do well.

Interview Questions

• Telephone Interview:

What is your understanding of FDM Group?
      How would you build rapport on your first day?
      What challenges are you looking for in your next role?
      Tell me about something in IT you're passionate about?
      Tell me about a time you have overcome a problem?
      What transferable skills have you gained?

Assessment Centre:
      What does determination mean to you?
      Tell me about something you have recently read about the IT industry?
      What is your favourite app?
      What skills will you be able to bring to FDM?
      Do you think organisation change is a good thing?
      What energises you?
      Would you be willing to sacrifice the quality of your work to meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2016.

Interview

The application process were in 4 stages for me:

1. Online application via www.indeed.com

2. 15 min telephone interview with recruiter at FDM Group (Asking you questions like your background, what do you know about FDM, Why do you want to enter IT/Banking industry)

3. Assessment day from 9am-13pm (aptitude, math, IT, venn diagram test + extensive interview with 2 account managers). There were 4 applicants that day including me so the assessment day was finished earlier.

4. Final interview with another account manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for FDM? Why do you want to enter IT industry? Why do you want to enter Banking industry? What are your strengths? What do you know about being a business analyst? What do you know about being a application support analyst? Tell me something that is not written on your CV.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Think about it's 2 years contract but a good stepping stone to 1:tier firms.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

One of FDM's recruiters found my CV online. He emailed me to inform me that there are graduate opportunities available at FDM and I would be a strong candidate for the graduate programme. I interviewed at FDM Group in May 2016.

Interview Questions

• Video interview questions:

. What is your understanding of the FDM business model and how the Graduate Programme works?
      . What challenges are you looking for in your next role?
      . Can you tell me about something in IT that you are passionate about?
      . It’s your first day on site as an FDM Consultant; how do you build rapport with your new colleagues?
      . Could you give me an example of a time when you had to overcome a problem to achieve a particular goal?
      . What transferable skills have you gained from your degree that would make you a successful Business or Technical Consultant?

Assessment day interview Questions:

. What skills do you have that could be useful in FDM?
      . What do you think about organisational change?
      . Would you sacrifice the quality of your work to meet a deadline?
      . Why did you choose your degree?
      . Would you choose your degree if given a second chance?
      . Tell me something interesting you read recently about IT and what is your view on it?
      . IPhone or android?
      . What does success look like to you?
      . What challenges are you looking for in your next role?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

It started with an online application.Then I was called on the phone which was unscheduled after 2 and half months.I was asked basic questions i.e what was your grade etc .The next stage was a video
    interview

Interview Questions

• - Fdm requires flexibility.Tell me an example of when you have been flexible.I can't remember the rest
      -why fdm
      -tell me about the role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process:

Send Your CV

phone/video interview - see questions below for phone interview (I didn't do video but I assume they're similar questions)

assessment centre consisting of three 5 minute interviews & online tests- numerical, aptitude and logical

Interview Questions

• About yourself - state your name, education, work experience and interests.

Is change a good thing?

Why FDM
      Why IT
      Recent bit of IT news
      How to build rapport   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can discuss your stream options.

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FDM Group in June 2016.

Interview

3 interviews each asking 4 questions.
    3 tests (it aptitude was the hardest)
    The math was the shortest if I passed anyone can I'm terrible at math
    The ven diagram test was quite hard but again if I can do it anyone can.
    The assessment day took all day and there were around 16 of us.
    I got a call the day after that I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Apple or android
      Which of our competencies best describes you
      Would you ever sacrifice quality to meet a deadline
      Why fdm
      Would you change your degree
      Tell me about a recent it article you've read   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a few days for a telephone interview. I then moved on to the next round which was a Skype interview which consisted of 5 questions that I had to answer. I then moved on to the assessment centre which was quite straight forward and I was offered a lot of help from the recruitment team

Interview Questions

• Describe a failure? Why business/IT? Describe your transferable skills   Answer Question