FDM Group Graduate IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Graduate IT Consultant

FDM Group Graduate IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in December 2017.

Interview

Passed telephone interview so moved on to video interview - telephone interview was mainly to learn more about scheme - video interview lasted apprx 10 mins - interview was difficult, and I still don't know what the outcome was but I am hoping it was enough

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a hobby that you are passionate about   Answer Question
  • If you were to make a mistake, what would you do to learn from it quickly in order to develop yourself?   Answer Question
  • How would you treat someone with a higher level of management?   Answer Question
  • How do you think developments in the wider world might impact your work at FDM?   Answer Question
  • What would be your approach to finding a root cause of a problem?   Answer Question
  • Describe why you are passionate about a career in the technology industry.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

We took several tests. And then interviews in the end. The pass rate was 50 percent for everything. It seems like interviews carries more weight than tests. You get a call two days later on whether you made it or not, and if not what to work on, and I had to work on my interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Really straightforward process,
    I had a video interview with 4 questions and upon passing this, attended an assessment centre.
    This consisted of 3 tests and 3 interviews:
    The Venn Diagram test was daunting but after watching a few youtube videos it wasn't too bad.
    Mental Maths test- it's the basic stuff like long division/multiplication and Pythagoras- BBC Bitesize is a good guide
    IT test- this was probably the hardest, a few of the questions were quite random and not much can really prepare you for this. It included a mixture of business, logic and IT questions

The interviews were really short and all the interviewers were nice, although the questions weren't exactly what i was expecting- they were more strengths based questions than motivational ones.

Interview Questions

• Do you trust your instinct or raw data more?

Tell me about something interesting that's happened in IT recently and how it relates to your degree subject? (this was probably the hardest question i got)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a pretty straightforward telephone interview, followed by an assessment day at the office. The assessment day was composed of around 4 tests and 3 short interviews. The interviews were strength-based so remember to give examples for everything and you will be fine. Things to note: some people may find the IT aptitude tests hard; you may be offered a role that is different to what you applied for - I would take the role they give because they probably have more demand for it.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure that your opinions are heard? (the most challenging question asked in my opinion)   Answer Question

Their are risks with this job offer. Be sure to read the contract carefully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed by four female hiring managers as they have a sexist hiring policy. One was a racist who grimaced at the sight of my brown face and facial hair. Although I answered technical questions well was not offered a position as I did not fit the criteria as I was male and non-white.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to take the business route or the technical route?   Answer Question

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Full assessment day - 3 short interviews and 4 psychometric tests

Not much to say about the interviews other than the fact that they were strength based. However I thought they were something of a mixture between strength and competency based because they want you to use examples in your answer to each question which basically requires you to have experience. I was never asked about what I enjoy doing in my spare time or what I enjoyed about my degree. One question was; When solving a problem do you use only the information that is directly relevant to the problem or all information available to you? Which is a stupid question in my opinion as it obviously depends on the complexity of the problem but the interviewer didn't seem to like that answer and didn't write anything down, he just repeated the question assuming I had misunderstood. That was the first question in that interview so that wasn't exactly a good start.

Also worth noting that when you first go to each interviewer they are told your name by the person who took you there then they find the paper with your name on it. This has the questions they will ask you on it and boxes for the answers. I noticed that in the section with all my details my grade was incorrect. I pointed this out to the interviewer and she corrected it, it occurred to me that this may have been a little test of attention to detail - so keep an eye out for little things like that, although it could have just been an honest mistake.

Maths (21 questions in 30 mins, no calculator)
    Told this would be mostly GCSE but was in fact mostly primary school level and only a handful of GCSE level questions.
    The paper involved being able to; multiply a pair of 4 digit numbers, divide a 4-digit number by a 1-digit number, square a large 2 digit number where a 'shortcut' can be useful (e.g. 49x49), squaring/cubing an integer lower than 13, finding the cube root of a number (e.g. 27), combining powers through multiplication/division, adding/subtracting 5 and 6 digit numbers, using Pythagoras to find the length of 1 side of a right angled triangle - given the length of the other two, solving a set of 2 simultaneous equations (one unknown was negative, both were 2 digit numbers)

IT aptitude (multiple choice, 50 questions in 60 mins)
    Half of the test was based on IT knowledge, the other half was based on logic and reasoning.
    IT half consisted of knowing what some acronyms stand for such as HTTP and SQL, as well as how many bits in a byte, being able to rank KB, MB, GB, TB in order or size. There was a large variety of questions in this regard so it can be hard to prepare for.
    The aptitude side consisted of; spotting the pattern in a series of shapes/patterns and identifying the next one in the series, following some basic pieces of code and identifying the output.
    The final and perhaps hardest question used a made up type of notation with boolean unknown variables (true/false), and a system similar to simultaneous equations but using the made up notation with 4 'equations' and 4 unknowns. We are then asked to identify which of the 4 messy 'equations' cannot be true – there was no need to solve all the 'equations' entirely which some candidates tried to do but there was nowhere near enough time, there was 1 of the equations which readily yields one of the unknowns as true/false and one of the options we are given contradicts this so that one cannot be true.

Verbal reasoning (Multiple choice, 20 questions in 20 mins)
    Read some text then answer 2-3 questions using only the information from the text.
    No chance to change an answer once you go to next question and time limit can go by quicker than you might expect (only 20 mins).

Venn diagrams and set notation. (50 questions (I think) in 60 mins)
    Using a tablet you will select which parts of 3 intersecting groups are given by the set notation, this makes up the bulk of the test. The notation can be a little messy to make it harder to ready – you are given a formulae sheet and plenty of time should you need it.
    Other parts of the test involve word problems, involving some more basic arithmetic with no calculator, I found the formula sheet to be completely unnecessary though. I think the hardest question was something like; 120 students in a school are choosing which subjects to study, every fifth student chooses subject A and every seventh student chooses subject B. How many students chose neither subject A nor subject B?

We were given rough paper for working things out on, and if you are dyslexic then you are entitled to extra time (presumably other conditions can give you extra time too) if you mention this to your recruiter – don't leave it until the assessment day to say anything or it will be too late.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you think you are right for the role you are applying for? (specifically developer in my case)   Answer Question
    • Where did you first hear about FDM and what made you apply?   Answer Question
    • Would your friends describe you as someone who learns new concepts quickly?   Answer Question
    • Would your friends describe you as someone who enjoys multitasking?   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest moment outside of your degree?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I first heard about FDM via email. I applied and on same day heard back from them, saying I should call them back to arrange telephone interview.

Telephone interview - was not too long, relatively easy questions. Passed.

Programmer aptitude test - this is not assessed. It consists of three parts. Maximum time limit of 65 mins.

Assessment centre - introduction to FDM by one of the senior staff. Followed by a video giving more information and a talk about the contract. Afterwards there were 3, 5 minute interviews. Then a test on Venn Diagrams followed by Lunch, you can go out for Lunch and have to return by 1. After Lunch there is a tour of the office, you see where the sales, recruitment and HR team work. After this there is a test which tests both your logical reasoning and general IT knowledge, lasts an hour. The third and last test is based on maths, lasts half an hour.
    If you want to pass the tests practice some programming and also online logical reasoning tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

16 weeks unpaid training, plus a further possible 90 days depending on how quick you get your placement, consider carefully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Uploaded my CV on their website and was contacted 5 minutes later to arrange a phone interview. I expected the phone interview to be a proper interview and so arranged it for the week after so that I could prepare. It turned out to be a very easy interview asking basic questions like why FDM? why IT?
    Went to the assessment centre few weeks after that. Nice office, friendly people, they're not trying to catch you out or anything. Did an insanely easy Maths test, an aptitude test which had both easy and hard questions, and a set venn diagram test. Also had three 5 minute interviews. Questions: Why did you choose this degree? Would you choose it again knowing what you know now? What is your project on? What are you most proud of in your life? Why FDM? Would you be willing to train in another language if client demand meant we couldn't get you a placement in your area of interest? What does success look like? Would you compromise the quality of your work if you had a deadline? How do you get to know your colleagues?
    (nothing out of the ordinary)

Interview Questions

• This question came up in the set venn diagram test. Out of 120 students, those with ID's that are even numbers are doing Physics, and all with ID's divisible by 5 are doing Chemistry, and all with ID's divisible by 7 are doing Maths. How many are doing Physics AND Maths? How many are doing Maths and Chemistry? How many are doing neither subject? etc..   6 Answers
    • What is whitebox testing?   1 Answer
    • Which layer is NOT in OSI?   1 Answer

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in November 2016.

Interview

After initial application there is a short telephone interview and then invitation to an assessment day. Assessment day involves three tests and the three 5 minute interviews. Response a few days later. Whole process is very quick, around a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

Unpaid training and below average wage for first couple of years so wanted to try other options

IT Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Send the CV and received a call two days after. I was then selected for a video interview and finally for an assessment day in London. The assessment day consisted of a presentation given by FDM, 3 different psychometric tests, 3 face to face interviews that lasted 5 minutes each and an office tour

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer, Android or Apple?
      If you had the chance to go back in time, what would you study?   Answer Question