FDM Group Graduate Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group Graduate Program Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.7

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group in July 2016.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very easy. I was first contacted by one of their recruiters to have quick phone screen on whether I would be suitable to have an official phone interview. It was just the basic questions regarding my background, why I applied, and what I knew about the company. Short 10 minute conversation and I had passed for the phone interview. After the phone screen they basically told me how to pass the phone interview saying to study up and provided example questions that may be asked (which were asked). Safe to say I passed that as well and moved onto the assessment day. Just as they did for the phone interview they provide study materials for you to look over before the assessment. It was very basic covering things from high school and/or earlier with the hardest questions regarding pseudocode. Then you went in for 3 five minute interviews with different managers. As long as you displayed some passion for the position you applied for I feel as though you were approved since you are going in for months of training anyway.

Interview Questions

• Describe 3 skills that you think is important for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief (10 Min) phone interview confirming facts and asking very generic questions. The email sent in advance covers all topics, e.g. Why do you want to work for FDM? etc
    The next day I got an invitation to an assessment day in two weeks. All activities that take place on the assessment day are covered in the graduate program brochure. There are two one-on-one interviews, each asks six questions that you must expand on, everyone in the group is asked the same questions. One of the interviews is general, trying to get a grasp of your personality traits etc, and the other is experience/university based.
    There is a 1 hour aptitude test, questions are multiple choice and are varied, some pseudo code, some work place scenarios. Half hour maths test is easy enough, no calculators so make sure you practice your long division and long multiplication. One hour Venn diagram test was v easy, a leaflet about Venn diagrams is attached. Bring a pencil with you for shading in.
    Heard back within five working days. They were happy that I'd done really well on the tests and in one of the interviews, but had performed poorly in the general interview. I was invited to attend another assessment day where I would have to resit the entire day. I declined as had started an job and, having decided I would not accept an offer from FDM if given, attendance would have been pointless.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

I submitted my CV online a was called up for a Phone interview.
    In the interview I was asked about why I want to work in IT and a few questions about my university studies. They was mostly what interested me about them and how a can contribute to the business.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy with you choice of studies at university?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

- Informal Telephone interview
    - Video Interview
    -3 quick Interviews in the Morning (literally 5 minutes each because they have to interview a lot of you) & Assessment in Afternoon ( Maths, IT Aptitude, Venn Diagrams, Verbal & Numerical Reasoning)

Interview Questions

• Video Interview
      - How would you approach different people with different levels on seniority?
      - Why do you want a career in IT?
      - How does developments in the wider world affect you at FDM?
      - What do you do in your spare time?
      - If you make a mistake how would you develop yourself?
      - What is your approach to getting to the root of a problem?

Assessment day interview
      Some of the questions from video interview popped up.
      - What is a successful day to you?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Visited an assessment centre in London. Before that I made a research and seen a lot of negative reviews, therefore I just decided to go "just to see it from the inside".

In the beginning, a representative tells you how cool is the company and how much they care about employees. As I was able to read between the lines, phrase "It is our goal to find a placement for you as soon as possible", which they promoted like "we really care about you and will help you", I've seen as "it is in our interest to place you asap, as if we don't find a place for you within 3 months, you will be free to go without any pay" (if you decide to leave before 2 years contract expires, you will be asked to pay up to 20k.

P.S. we've been told that AC will start at 8:30am and asked to come in advance (15-20min). So we arrived before 8.30, waited for 10-20min till "it's time!" moment, but... waited for 30 more minutes till 9.00am, when AC finally started. I got tired just because of waiting and doing nothing while sleepy on the early morning...

Okay...
     First - introduction. Second - three tests: 1- Set notation and venn diagrams test (1hr), 2- IT aptitude test (1hr) and 3- Numeracy Assessment (20 minutes).
    We had around 1hr break for lunch and the good point - we were given a 5GBP vouchers for lunch in one of the cafes.

Interviews:
    The interview round consists of 3 interviews with three separate interviewers. Each interview last around 10 minutes. The questions are all strength based and they assess following strengths:
     - Drive
     - Growth
     - Resilience
     - Collaboration
     - Strategic awareness
     - Flexibility
     - Logical mind set
     - Social adaptability

Interviewers all were nice and smily, that was easy to talk to them. Some questions were structured slightly complicated/tricky, but interviewers are not allowed to paraphrase the questions, so you have to deal with it.

Overall, they can send you everywhere and you are expected to go wherever they tell you. And if you are placed to some other town, they provide you help - give you a contact that will tell you were is the best place to have accommodation, the accommodation is not provided. So if you have 1year contract signed in London, be ready to pay fees for its early breakage and grab all your staff with you. Plus you never know, how long the placement will last. Some project can be few months and then you will be placed to another one, some of them can be 1-2 years, so if you wanted to stay in London, be ready to be disappointed. No doubts, there are projects in London, but competition is very high as no-one wants to leave and most likely your placement will be somewhere outside, closer to the North of UK.
    Moreover, you don't have your voice, you are not asked where do you want to work (I asked about that one of the interviewers). If you go for lets say 5 interviews and 3 of them want to have you in their project, you will not choose where to go, they will send you to the one that replies first (as "customer is the first, we satisfy customer's needs" etc).

Finally I didn't get an invitation. I've been told that my tests results are very good but I didn't pass the interviews. Said that some answers were not good enough as probably I didn't get the questions.. well, I don't know what cam be understood wrong in questions like "If your group is failing in following the deadline and all tasks are divided, you are fine, but colleague is running late, what would you do in this situation? Would you help or do you think that each person is responsible only for their task?".. or "Why do you think it is important to support the team?"... I don't know. There were only 2 questions I asked to repeat, these were that "tricky" questions that they can not paraphrase... well..that's totally fine...
    I was not upset as after AC I made my final decision that I will not accept it if they ask. Main reason - didn't like the attitude; second - I have relationships and I am not ready to leave for no-one knows how long to another city (also even if 1 project is 1-2 months that is acceptable, you second, third etc project most probably will also be out of London, so.. 2 years of travel and living apart the groom.. not for me).

I would say, this is a good opportunity for fresh graduates (bachelors, masters usually are more attached to place,relations etc due to being a bit older and demanding). If graduate is ready to move around the UK for 2 years and build career - thats a great opportunity. If not, better look for something else.

If you want to go there and get your placement, good luck with it! Prepare more for the interviews rather than for tests as tests are pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you think, can your family and friends call you a responsible person and tell that you make decisions by your own?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Admiralty (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Admiralty (Hong Kong)) in August 2018.

Interview

I've gone through 3 steps of selection process.

After you filled the online application, their recruitment team will reach you with a phone call, understanding the background of you and why to apply. They will also tell you more about the program and they will arrange a phone interview with you afterwards.

The second part is the phone interview. They will test you about the general knowledge of their company/ core value/ IT prospects/ business analyst. Reviews from friend that some of the interviewer will also ask about yourself. It is not hard at all, if you are really interested in the IT field.

The third part is assessment day, which took you almost a day to complete. There will be 3 written tests, which is venn diagram & set notation/ maths/ IT Ampt test. And for F2F interview, there will be 2 parts and meeting 3 different interviewer. They will ask you about your general self introductions/ why joining/ your interests/ company value [MUST STUDY]/ IT knowlegde, not very in depth, but you have to show your passion and how good you've prepared.

I was rejected by the company due to my expectation to the job might not align with real practices. So seletion process just stop by here.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Firstly, a senior staff gives a presentation about the salary and some term conditions. Then, several tests including numerical, verbal, logic and IT knowledge. Tests are easy but I know nothing about IT part. Lastly, three rounds of interviews, each consists of three question.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Whole process took around 3 weeks, got a telephone screening call followed by a video interview. Then got invited to an assessment center where I had 3 more short 1-1 interviews and did 4 tests. Heard back after 1-2 days and got an offer for 3 roles.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by a telephone interview then a video interview, after which I was invited to an assessment centre which consisted of three short interviews, a maths sequence test, a verbal reasoning test, an IT proficiency test and a venn diagram and set notation test.

Interview Questions

• Would your friends and family say you take responsibility for your decisions?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group in September 2018.

Interview

Informal phone interview to discuss the programme and FDM's business model. This was followed by recorded video interview with pre-recorded questions and then offer to attend an assessment centre upon passing the video interview.