FDM Group Graduate Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group Graduate Programmer Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.4

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in December 2017.

Interview

Was called by HR for a basic phone interview. Just explaining the role, going over my resume, and some behavioral questions. Was asked to complete a video interview within the next few days. Decided to go a different way and ended my interview process then.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

A fairly straightforward hiring process. Online application, brief phone-screening interview, video interview and then the assessment centre which consisted of three tests (numerical, verbal, and a slightly more technical IT-related) and a round of mostly competency-based interviews with different members at the office.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are adaptable? Give me an example of where you've shown this.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later, had a 15 minute phone conversation about what area I would like to work in and how flexible I am for work, along with information on their training. After the phone call I was sent a video interview to complete with a few simple questions. After that there was another technical phone call where some questions were repeated.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

- CV Screening
    - Phone Interview, pretty friendly where they ask you the classics: Why FDM?, Tell me a bit about yourself and some more
    - Assesment Day: Some test (not difficult), and 3 face to face interviews with different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why FDM?
      Tell me a bit about yourself.
      Do you prefer Android or Apple? Why?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in August 2016.

Interview

Application Process:
    >Online application.
    >Video Interview - 4 questions 20 minutes.
    > If successful, invited to Assessment day.

Assessment day
    - Intro
    - Tour
    - Maths test - revise bitesize GCSE , Venn diagrams
    - Aptitude test
    - Interview - with three members of staff, each asking 4 different questions. The whole thing took about 30minutes.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

For the phone interview I was asked the usual interview questions like why I applied; what is it about fdm in particular that appealed to me; what skills I can bring to fdm; and where my passion for IT came from.

I was told on the spot that I passed and was given very helpful feedback on how my answers could have been better. I was then sent lots of helpful advice and links on how I should prepare for the assessment day which went well for me. Maths and Venn diagrams were never my strong point but after practicing a few hours I found the exams a doddle!

Interview Questions

• Which 3 (of 6) FDM values do you think apply to you the most?   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Starts with a CV upload and 1 question - ‘why do you think you are a good fit for FDM’s grad programme’. Next there is a telephone screening. This is mainly to tell you about the training programme. She asked what specific role I was interested in (business analysis) and why. You also have to confirm that you’d be fine with funding yourself through the training programme (min. 12 weeks) and that you are geographically flexible. Immediately after I revived an email inviting me to do a video interview with hints and tips.
    Questions:
    - one on hobbies
    - passion for the industry
    - 4 more question which were based on 4/8 of their values (which you will get in an email, have an example ready for each value/potential question.
    Waiting to hear back if I passed.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a quick telephone interview followed by a video interview. I was then invited to the assessment centre in which I carried out a series of tests and interviews.

Interview Questions

• What current trend in IT do you think will impact your work with clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter, applied through their online application, then video interview followed by assessment centre.

Video interview is pre-recorded so you're talking to your webcam. Was rather awkward since you want to make eye contact with the camera but you have to keep an eye on the timer ticking down on your screen. 30 seconds to prepare, 90 seconds to talk (you do not need to fill the entire available time).

Assessment Centre: well organised and structured. All day. Presentation about the company and programme, then split up to do tests and interviews. 3 10-15 min interviews- all strength based questions that start with a "warm-up" question. Tests were all done on an iPad; verbal reasoning and numerical sequences tests are in the form of a "game" (you can skip the cutscenes thankfully) and are ~20 mins each, IT & business aptitude test and venn diagram test done bundled together- 1 hr for that. Venn diagram test much shorter and easier than the aptitude test- there's no indication of length for the 2 tests and you cannot flip between the 2 once you hit submit, so I'd suggest going with the venn diagram test first. Short tour at end. £5 lunch voucher at some shop.

Each stage was VERY quick. Heard back after each stage within a day. Recruiter very friendly and helpful- don't hesitate asking any questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a controversial product to a client?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group in October 2018.

Interview

applied online and was contacted after 3 days to schedule a phone interview (with friendly and professional recruiter) which was followed by invitation to video interview, however, i decided not to continue with the application process