FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.5

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

You must have completed your degree. Will asked questions directly from your resume. Will be asked about your education and whether you want to be relocated. Will ask if you have permission to work in the states.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY).

Interview

There are 3 different interviews, a phone interview, video interview, and an in person interview called assessment day. The assessment day interview includes two different interviews, one behavioral, and one technical. It was not too difficult they go through the things on your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an object and a class in java ?
      What is a vlookup ?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (Reston, VA) in December 2018.

Interview

The process was three-pronged, first you will have a phone screen interview with one of the recruiters from the academy location you applied for. There you will explain your technical experience that you had in either college or the military. Once you complete the phone screen, you will then be given an assessment of your skills. It's mostly logic and SQL based, but it's not anything too difficult. There is also a one way video interview section where you will answer prompts, also not difficult. Upon passing that, the recruiter will call and set up a date where you can do your technical and behavioral interviews. For the technical interview, the trainer from the academy location will ask you questions based on SQL and UNIX, based on your proficiency. You can do this via a phone call, so if you need to look online for the answers during the interview, you can. Don't worry though, the technical interview is rather easy. Finally, the behavioral interview will be held with a figure from FDM's corporate office in New York. This is a Skype interview that will take around ten minutes. The questions range from your experience with technology to how would you handle difficult situations in the workplace. Once all three interviews are completed, the recruiter will call you back around a week to inform you if you are placed in the academy or not.

Anonymous Employee in London, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

A walk in the park. The interview process at FDM serves to check that you have the basic skill set to that allows you to learn and grow. Overall it is was a quick and straight forward process.
    In the London academy you will be unpaid for the training period.

Interview Questions

• Maths questions.
      Aspirations
      Would you be able to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick but multiple interviews. I remember a test (skills assessment) I think, for sure a video interview (which I did with the wrong person, but it didn't matter to them), and an on site interview

Interview Questions

• Technology questions, I think it depends on what role the client they have needs you for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

multiple phone interviews, basic technical interview, aptitude test, and final skype interview
    phone interviews are easy, just basic research on the position and company is enough.
    video interview is important, they look for concise answers with examples.
    aptitude test is easy, basic math and logic questions.

Last round consists of 2 interviews from HR and Tech Instructor. Overall, the process was very easy and straightforward. The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What is Polymorphism?
      3. What is a loop?
      4. What is a class?
      5. List 5 differences between C++ and Python
      6. What is a flow diagram?
      7. Describe your perfect day?
      8. Mathematics assessment.   Answer Question
    • Wrapping up of data into a single unit   Answer Question
    • Binding related data and method in a unit, a good example is a class called UserImplementation with methods like registerUser(), updateUser(), deleteUser(), etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

This company tries really hard to attract recent grads and vets, but it is very shady. I went through the interview process and everything was pretty straight forward and easy. They asked me about my technical skills and personal experiences. I had two phone interviews, a video interview, an aptitude test, and a series of Skype interviews (because I was too far away from NY or DC). The scam comes in with payment and the training program.
    I opted to do the New York location for the few months of training. They do not arrange for any type of housing or assistance, and while in the program they pay $13.50/hr. In New York City, that is not even close to a livable wage. The recruiter told me "many people in our program have roommates, we can help arrange that for you!" as if that is some type of selling point. After the training, you have a three month period to find placement. If you do find a placement, they offered $45,000 the first year and $50,000 the second year. The company that you are placed with can part ways at any time. They claim to have a 98% placement rate, but based off of the reviews here, it doesn't seem very likely. AND if you do end up quitting for a livable wage elsewhere, you have to pay them back for $30,000. They are paying $13.50/hr for you to take this course and dedicate your time, but if you are dissatisfied with these horrible wages you have to pay THEM back? They get a say in where you are living for the next two years and you get terrible pay to live in an expensive metropolitan area, while they take a huge cut of your pay. This job sounded almost too good to be true at first, but I am glad that I did more research before accepting any offer from them.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

FDM has a whole "interview day" process where you meet with interviewers and take a few tests to gauge competence. I met with 4 interviewers then took a set of assessments on IT, math, and logic that weren't too intimidating. Definitely helps to be outgoing and charismatic!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in IT?

Lots of resume questions, basically went through the whole thing and asked questions along the way.

Questions about college capstone.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straightforward. A couple of phone calls gauging my resume, followed by an interview on the phone with a technical interviewer going over my knowledge of coding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Met FDM Group at a University Career Fair. They got back to me after the career fair letting me know about their Graduate Development Program and I was interested. I then had to do a basic phone screen where they asked if I was interested in the program and asked me some basic behavioral questions. I then had to do a video interview where I answered some more standard behavioral questions. Got an email back saying they wanted me to come in for an Interview Day and I did. Before the Interview Day I had to take a basic 45 minute competency test which was easy. They told me the Interview Day would be a long day of examinations and interviews. I prepared pretty hard for technical and behavioral questions only to arrive there and be told the day would consist of a presentation on the company along with three 5-10 minute interviews. They asked me some easy technical questions, and the 2 other behavioral interviews were also straightforward. Got an offer and rejected it because the salary didn't reflect the effort I put into building my resume and the amount of work I would be doing should I have accepted it. It wasn't hard to get an offer and the behavioral interviews were good practice.

Interview Questions

• Is Java pass-by-value or by reference?   1 Answer
    • What are some Unix commands you know?   1 Answer
    • What keywords do you use to search a database in MYSQL?   1 Answer