FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.5

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

You must have completed your degree. Will asked questions directly from your resume. Will be asked about your education and whether you want to be relocated. Will ask if you have permission to work in the states.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY).

Interview

There are 3 different interviews, a phone interview, video interview, and an in person interview called assessment day. The assessment day interview includes two different interviews, one behavioral, and one technical. It was not too difficult they go through the things on your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an object and a class in java ?
      What is a vlookup ?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (Reston, VA) in December 2018.

Interview

The process was three-pronged, first you will have a phone screen interview with one of the recruiters from the academy location you applied for. There you will explain your technical experience that you had in either college or the military. Once you complete the phone screen, you will then be given an assessment of your skills. It's mostly logic and SQL based, but it's not anything too difficult. There is also a one way video interview section where you will answer prompts, also not difficult. Upon passing that, the recruiter will call and set up a date where you can do your technical and behavioral interviews. For the technical interview, the trainer from the academy location will ask you questions based on SQL and UNIX, based on your proficiency. You can do this via a phone call, so if you need to look online for the answers during the interview, you can. Don't worry though, the technical interview is rather easy. Finally, the behavioral interview will be held with a figure from FDM's corporate office in New York. This is a Skype interview that will take around ten minutes. The questions range from your experience with technology to how would you handle difficult situations in the workplace. Once all three interviews are completed, the recruiter will call you back around a week to inform you if you are placed in the academy or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process requires two parts: a technical exam and an interview. The technical exam asks questions on basic computer information, databases, programming languages, and management. After the technical exam they perform a behavior interview asking questions about who you are and what you have accomplished then add in a couple of logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Three things occur at once. A baby is crying, a tea kettle is whistling, and the phone is ringing. In which order will you take of the problems and why?   3 Answers

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in June 2014.

Interview

They have this very good program which you are guaranteed a job in a bulge bracket investment bank after a three month training in new york. Your job is going to be one from Java development, .net development, project management, application support. Because they really need people to do the work, it's easy to get in.

Interview Questions

• it won't be difficult to get in because they really need people to distribute to banks all around the world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

1 hour of Assessment Exam + 2 rounds of one on one interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First I got a call from there HR who want to schedule a phone interview with me. Then the phone interview was pretty easy. Basically, asked about why FDM Group and why I choose to work as an IT consultant. Then they invited me to an assessment day.

Interview Questions

• How would you support yourself during the training weeks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiated about if they will financial support me between the end of the training and the first placement. Even though they were likely to say no.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted shortly after submitting an application to set up a phone interview.
    The phone interview was a pretty standard phone screen, plus questions specific to the company and program (are you willing to commit for 2 years, is the salary acceptable, etc.)
    They I got an email about doing an online assessment, in addition to an email about setting up an in person interview, which supposedly you only get after the assessment. I started the assessment, but the system kicked me off for changing the volume on my computer twice.
    Overall given the (frankly insulting) salary and poorly organized hiring process, I wouldn't really recommend applying unless it's for a different type of position, like recruiting for or running the whole program, rather than participating in it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The phone interview is very short and terse. It takes about 10 minutes. No technical questions. They just want to know more about you. The interviewer is a very nice gentleman. He is a fast speaker...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

Rather long, consistent of Informational Phone Interview, Strength-based Video Recordings, Assessment Test, Skype Interviews and On-Site Interviews. Typically about a week of delay in between stages which really drags out the process.

Interview Questions

• Is it ever okay to prioritize your own individual needs over those of your teams?   Answer Question