FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process requires two parts: a technical exam and an interview. The technical exam asks questions on basic computer information, databases, programming languages, and management. After the technical exam they perform a behavior interview asking questions about who you are and what you have accomplished then add in a couple of logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Three things occur at once. A baby is crying, a tea kettle is whistling, and the phone is ringing. In which order will you take of the problems and why?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in June 2014.

Interview

They have this very good program which you are guaranteed a job in a bulge bracket investment bank after a three month training in new york. Your job is going to be one from Java development, .net development, project management, application support. Because they really need people to do the work, it's easy to get in.

Interview Questions

• it won't be difficult to get in because they really need people to distribute to banks all around the world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

1 hour of Assessment Exam + 2 rounds of one on one interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First I got a call from there HR who want to schedule a phone interview with me. Then the phone interview was pretty easy. Basically, asked about why FDM Group and why I choose to work as an IT consultant. Then they invited me to an assessment day.

Interview Questions

• How would you support yourself during the training weeks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiated about if they will financial support me between the end of the training and the first placement. Even though they were likely to say no.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in March 2016.

Interview

Had two Skype interviews. One focused on Java, the other was behavioral. They were conducted by trainers and account manages respectively. The interview process was relatively quick. Followup usually occurred within 1 to 2 days. The interview results were communicated very clearly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was surprisingly casual. Like it felt like the interviews were just a formality and the interviewers didn't really care, and just were required to interview me. In the US, they are based in NYC and I was in Atlanta at the time and the process was just two short Skype interviews. They were polite though.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job, if money and status didn't matter what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't really a negotiation type deal. They just were up front about the salary and for a starting entry level salary for good experience, I was fine with it.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Assessment IT awareness test which tests your logic skills plus a soft skill interview. Overall process took about half a day. Overall positive experience. Staff was friendly during the interview. Located on Wall Street NYC.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Full morning of tests, interviews, and presentations. They provided lunch and we got to tour the training academy. You have a technical interview and one with a member of the sales team who tell you more about the process and how you go up for roles with the clients once you are in the training. It was hard but a lot of fun.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very technical questions in relation to all the OOP languages on my CV, like Java, C++, Python, and also SQL.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Herndon, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

You will be interviewed by an excellent team of experts and given an assessment test. Upon being selected, they will take care of you from there. It might take some time to process your application, but it is Excellent team of experts and given an assessment test. Upon being selected, they will take care of you from there.
    The process might take some time but it is worth waiting for and being cooperative.

Interview Questions

• Logic and programming questions. Be familiar with the basics, but it will help if you know about SQL and UNIX.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted shortly after submitting an application to set up a phone interview.
    The phone interview was a pretty standard phone screen, plus questions specific to the company and program (are you willing to commit for 2 years, is the salary acceptable, etc.)
    They I got an email about doing an online assessment, in addition to an email about setting up an in person interview, which supposedly you only get after the assessment. I started the assessment, but the system kicked me off for changing the volume on my computer twice.
    Overall given the (frankly insulting) salary and poorly organized hiring process, I wouldn't really recommend applying unless it's for a different type of position, like recruiting for or running the whole program, rather than participating in it.