FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was surprisingly casual. Like it felt like the interviews were just a formality and the interviewers didn't really care, and just were required to interview me. In the US, they are based in NYC and I was in Atlanta at the time and the process was just two short Skype interviews. They were polite though.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job, if money and status didn't matter what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't really a negotiation type deal. They just were up front about the salary and for a starting entry level salary for good experience, I was fine with it.

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Assessment IT awareness test which tests your logic skills plus a soft skill interview. Overall process took about half a day. Overall positive experience. Staff was friendly during the interview. Located on Wall Street NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The phone interview is very short and terse. It takes about 10 minutes. No technical questions. They just want to know more about you. The interviewer is a very nice gentleman. He is a fast speaker...

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted shortly after submitting an application to set up a phone interview.
    The phone interview was a pretty standard phone screen, plus questions specific to the company and program (are you willing to commit for 2 years, is the salary acceptable, etc.)
    They I got an email about doing an online assessment, in addition to an email about setting up an in person interview, which supposedly you only get after the assessment. I started the assessment, but the system kicked me off for changing the volume on my computer twice.
    Overall given the (frankly insulting) salary and poorly organized hiring process, I wouldn't really recommend applying unless it's for a different type of position, like recruiting for or running the whole program, rather than participating in it.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

The whole process is easy and fast for the final round. So if you want to try just go for it. I do recommend it to find your personal strenghts etc.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

After the initial online application, there was a phone interview followed by an assessment centre. The assessment involved 2 multiple choice (numerical reasoning and literary) and 1 test revolving around set notations. There was also 3 face to face interview with different interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you overcame a difficult situation to achieve success   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2019.

Interview

After the online application, the FDM group would first have a pre-screening phone interview, just simple questions, for example, your availability time. Then they would send an email to you, have a phone interview, relatively easy and straightforward.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

-Phone call from HR
    -Assessment and face Interview with Account Manager on the same day
    -Typically easy if you have a local Uni degree
    -Do read up on Computer related stuff for the Assessment

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

1) Phone interview with HR - nothing special, asked why do you want to get into IT, based from the background i had (non-finance, non-IT)
    2) Assessment day - super easy. Math sets, union sets etc. Nothing special.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2018.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interview with very general behavioral questions. One round of assessment day through video with general questions + a few technical questions. One last round of 1-1 interview with Australia director asking some questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduction. Motivations to join the company. Flexibility to work.   Answer Question

See What FDM Group Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former IT Consultant in New York, NY

Pros: “Relevant Training (albeit at a much higher cost than you think), Opportunity to live in NYC (although you won't get paid enough to survive on your own there), benefits are decent...”“Relevant Training (albeit at a much higher cost than you think), Opportunity to live in NYC (although you won't get paid enough to survive on your own there), benefits are decent, segued into a good job with experience from company, it's a job if you have given up on finding something else and need a job. I will start with the Pros, this company does offer very relevant and useful training courses. These courses are up to date with industry and you will be able to add them to your resume after you finish with FDM but they only offered us one certification where they would pay for the test. My advice would be to get as many certifications as you can while you have the knowledge of the training they give you so you can put it on your resume and get out of the company after 2 years. It will be extra work, but it is worth it in the long run. The opportunity to be in NYC was pretty cool and I did some fun things but I had money saved up for that before my time with FDM as they don't pay you enough to do anything more than survive while you are in NYC. They do offer benefits and match a low percentage of your 401K which is more than I was expecting after reading other reviews. I was able to find a job using my experience from FDM after my employment that doubled my salary but it wasn't with the company FDM sent me too and I think a huge part of it was I got some certifications FDM wouldn't pay for but provided the training for. But again good luck getting money for the test unless you have some before you start working here... For my situation it provided me with the opportunity to have a job where I wanted to work but I took a huge pay cut to do it. Overall if you can't find another job and need work, this can be a last ditch effort to get a job and it can get you a good job afterwards, but just prepare to feel cheated and way underpaid for 2+ years. All that said if you have the money go take a boot camp course in ITIL and whatever other certs you want and you won't have to be a slave to terrible salary for 2+ years.” – Full Review