FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.5

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you, and the interview is not very different from other standard interviews. Honestly, the interview was very easy, so you really do not need to worry about it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
    2. How would you cut a cake into 8 pieces by cutting it 3 times?
    3. Why IT?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Consisted of 3 tests including Maths Test, Aptitude Test and Venn Diagram Test originally but then ended up doing a verbal reasoning test without any notice. Also there were supposed to be 3 interviews with 4 questions each but ended up having around 6 questions each.

Interview Questions

• What is a successful day to you?
      What achievements are you proud of other than your university degree?
      How do you find working under pressure?
      How do you ensure you keep up with current technology changes?
      Do you feel change is a good thing?
      What role have you chosen?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FDM Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a video interview through launchpadrecruitsapp's website. First they had a problem detecting my webcam (because I had one internal and another external), then the submit button wasn't visible on Chrome web browser... I had to switch to Internet Explorer to be able to submit my videos.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a week after, I was then invited to do a video interview where you are asked pre-recorded questions and have about 60 seconds to record your answers.
    After passing the video interview I was invited for to an assessment centre in London which entails 3 short interviews and 4 tests. The interviews each had about 4-6 questions where the interviewers do not prompt you for answers, so they can last between 10-20 minutes depending on the level of detail you give, so make sure you include as much detail as possible, use examples and make it relevant to the stream you are applying for. This is a strength-based interview.

Tests:
    Venn diagrams and set notation: this involves shading regions or write the outcome of the shaded region. You will be given links to prepare for this which will be enough

Aptitude test: a variety of logic questions, business questions and IT questions, IT acronyms, programming. Nothing too difficult, this one you cannot really prepare for however look at some IT terms.

Maths Test: GCSE maths, arithmetic calculations, Pythagorean Theorem, simultaneous equations, fractions and percentages, you will be given links.

Verbal Reasoning: requires you to read through a passage and answer questions e.g. whether the information presented is either true, false or cannot say.

Interview Questions

• Would your family and friends describe you as responsible?
      How would you convince a client to use a technology that was controversial?
      Are you passionate about everything you do?
      What does a successful day look like to you?
      Why do you want a career in IT?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

It all started off with a telephone interview, where you would be asked about your educational background, skills and your interest in the IT world. Then progressed to a video interview, which I found it uncomfortable as I had to answer to a pre-recorded questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

3 strength based interviews. All happened within 45 minutes. There is a 3-5 minutes break between the interviews. 6 questions in each interview and the first question is warm up question and it is not assessed. One advice I would give DON'T BE NERVOUS.

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer? One task at a time or multitasking? If a client wants to bring up a deadline earlier what would you do? What would be your approach to finding the root cause of a problem? Do you prefer relevant information or wider context? If you were to suggest a client use a controversial technology how would you convince the client to use it?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by assessment day. This consisted of a HR interview, then one with a senior account manager followed by a group exercise and presentation on a business case study.

Interview Questions

• Standard competency based questions. No curveballs.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in August 2017.

Interview

Online Assessment: One hour, 16 questions and no material allowed.
    The exam consists of logic, problem-solving, algorithms, general mathematics, and set notations/Venn diagram questions.
    Be prepared for the basic code reading.
    A calculator may be useful.

Interview Questions

• 1. (3(x+7)-5)/4=7, x=?
      2. read a piece of code of the while loop, do the calculation of numbers stored in an array, and print out the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Thorough.

Involved three tests - numerical, verbal, set notations and Venn diagrams.
    Involved three interviews (10 Mins each)

Although it wasn't incredibly hard, you still need to prepare well. They can catch you out with a few questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2018.

Interview

3 stages:

1. Phone interview mostly to know more about you and tell you more about the graduate program

2. Assessment day: Consists of 3 test which last about 2.5 hours. If you pass the psychometric tests, you will proceed to round 3

3. Interview with Account manager and Trainer