FDM Group IT Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group IT Graduate Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.8

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FDM Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

10 Minute phone interview, I had applied for the IT graduate program but was informed I was not eligible because I did not have a 2.1 in my undergad and that the 1.1 in my MS.c did not suffice. Was offered an alternative role in which I am still interviewing for but will more than likely not take the job.

Interview Questions

• Undergraduate results, the rest was conversation related to the above.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

IT Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDM Group in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a video interview where you get to record yourself answering the pre-recorded questions. Be sure to have good internet access and seek help if needed. One of my answers was not recorded during the interview, due to network problems. Luckily I sent an email to the help desk and was given another opportunity to answer just that question.

Interview Questions

• . What is your understanding of the FDM
         business model and how the Graduate Programme works?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was pretty straightforward, asking questions about motivation for BT and things related to how I work. It was a pleasant experience and the girl doing the interview was not intimidating. Then there was an assessment centre, 3 interviews and 3 tests. The tests were reasonably easy, interviews were also ok

IT Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDM Group in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 6 recorded questions. While the question was completed, I had 40 seconds to prepare my answer or skip that time limitation and get direct to the answer. The answers were recorded and uploaded immediately. The maximum time of answer was 2 minutes, but it was possible to stop the answer at the point you would like, within those 2 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the FDM Business Model?   Answer Question
    • How would you get to know your colleagues well, if it was your first day as a senior manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks from the date of application to an invitation to the video Interview. Then you get called for a little pre-screening conversation which basically tells you that you won't be paid for a month or so while training. Then you get sent a link to the video interview. That's as far as I went.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about Yourself
      2. Why do you want to work for FDM?
      3. What motivates you about Technology and How do you keep up with News?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I did this interview a while ago, so the whole interview process might be different now. There was a phone interview asking basic questions like why you want to join and such. Then there was the assessment where you do the usual numerical and situational judgement tests. However, you had to do three more interviews with three different people. Four questions each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a video interview. Something needs to be in place to replace the video interview as some people cannot talk to a screen as there is no to and fro as there would be in a normal interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through university. I interviewed at FDM Group. I had a video interview where I had to answer four questions (about myself, IT passion and flexibility). Then I was invited in the assessment day. The math test were too easy and the IT attitude more challenging. The interview question was focused on the strengths and character of the candidate.

IT Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in September 2017.

Interview

Be sure that they have no idea about your background.
    3 interviewers, 6 questions each, no question about my expertise and studies. Only generic questions, just to have a conversation.
    3 tests: maths (60'), venn diagrams(20'), altitude (60'): trivial

No willing to work with them since I find the program very poor and not tailor-made for you in comparison with what the other companies offer.

First of all: unpaid training. A training that I would be with other people who have different backgrounds (graduated from BA in physics, business etc).
    I graduated from my MSc and I already have a full time working experience, so I think that the training would be so trivial and time-wasting for me (and unpaid!).

Second point: A 2-year contract. Don't try to break it, you'll have to pay £20k for the training you had and you didn't get paid for. Also, the 2-year contract means that it's not a permanent job.

Third point: Not that sure if you can negotiate any relocation. I think that you have to relocate in case of need...

I knew even some days before the assessment day that if I had an offer I would decline it.
    I went just for the assessment experience and to know if what other people say about the program over the Internet is true. Finally yes, it's true...

Interview Questions

• Do you find it easy to talk with people you don't know?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to answer 6 online questions. A video would describe you the situation and you had 30 second to prepare, and about 2.5 minutes to answer and record yourself. You could not watch the recording, or re-record it. Overall, it was a bit awkward starring at the screen, telling you to stare at the camera, but it was also not the most awkward thing ever.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines: Show me a time where you showed flexibility and how you adapted to that situation (phrased differently).   Answer Question