FDM Group Junior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group Junior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.1

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying for the position. Had a 15-20 minute phone interview about my interest and was asked basic questions.

Passed that section, so then I was asked to do a video interview and an aptitude test. The video interview was 6 pre-recorded questions. The aptitude test was a timed test, 50 minutes max with logic questions.

I made it to the onsite interview, but that hasn't taken place yet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, then test/screen interview and finally the at location interview. So a lot of little things but none of them are difficult, they just want to know if you have a basic understanding on your topic and are teachable.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in March 2019.

Interview

Recruiting and management was unorganized. Technical interviewer was extremely friendly and knowledgable.

Base pay during 2-year contract:
    1st year $45k
    2nd year $52k

FDM Group is good if you require a class-setting to learn, and don't mind being severely underpaid. Otherwise, you're better off dedicating 2-3 months contract-free to use online resources and find a job that pays at LEAST $60-70k/yr. FDM Group has decent connections (BoA, Fannie Mae, etc.), but it's not worth the 2-year contract.

1. Initial phone screening by a recruiter (~10 min)
    What's your background?
    Why did you apply to this role?
    What do you know about FDM?
    What value(s) of FDM best represent you?

2. a. Online assessment (60 min):
    Predict output of various variables from same flowchart
    Easy logic questions
    A couple easy math (algebra-level) questions
    b. Video short answers (90s each) :
    What's a hobby of yours?
    What happens if you can't make a deadline?
    How do you act in new situations?
    How do you gain more knowledge about a topic?
    What's an example of a setback and how you overcame it?

3. a. Account manager (10 min):
    What happens if you can't make a deadline?
    If a stakeholder wants to change a deadline to earlier, how would you respond?
    How do you work in a team?
    b. "Technical" Interview (20 min) - I had a resume with Java experience:
    Explain class versus object
    What is a linked list - how does it compare with an array
    What is inheritance, polymorphism
    What does the keyword “static” mean
    Is Java pass by reference or pass by value

Interview Questions

• If a stakeholder wants to change a deadline to earlier, how would you respond?   1 Answer
    • What happens if you can't make a deadline?   1 Answer
    • How do you gain more knowledge about a topic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Reston, VA) in January 2019.

Interview

They called me and set up an in-person interview at their office in Virginia. Didn't compensate for anything and could've been done over or through the phone. Wasted my time and money for them and that honestly made me do my interview poorly.

Interview Questions

• Difference between linked list and array; several data structures questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

There was a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by video call (really a recording of your answers), a technical test (which was pretty easy if you know basic CS concepts), and then an onsite where you are herded with other candidates and take turns to interview 3 or 4 employees.

Interview Questions

• Follow this flow diagram. What is thd output of this program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied on their website and the next day I got a call from a recruiter who emailed two links one for a video mock interview. They have a video of a person asking an interview question and you have to record your response. the audio on the video was a little hard for me to hear and so a called the recruiter who was very responsive. they give you a test and give you about an hour to complete it. it consists of mostly mock pseudocode couple word and logic problems. If you pass the recruiter will give you a call and try to get you for their assessment/interview day. They will have a powerpoint presentation about their company. they will call you into a room individually and give you two interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Behavior is standard interview questions and technical I suggest you just study some questions people have listed on this site, that's how I studied for it.

Interview Questions

• online questions: all multiple choice
      in terms of quantities of data, which option gives the correct order. TB GB MB KB
      regex questions
      arrays loops
      flow chart with inputs and you solve for the outputs
      interview behavioral:
      do you prefer team or individual work?
      is it better to complete your work on a task by task basis or work or an end goal?
      what would you do if a client wanted to move up a deadline on a project?
      how do you keep yourself motivated when you work on a project.
      Technical:
      4 pillars of OOP
      what does pwd mean?
      explain overriding
      what is a primary key   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

there was a phone interview scheduled after getting a call asking for an available date to do it at. which i replied that im not looking to relocate at the moment

Interview Questions

• the interviewer asked if i am willing to relocate anywhere within the major cities   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FDM Group in January 2019.

Interview

Recieved a call regarding an application for an FDM posting I made earlier in the week, for a recently posted position. Was told that the location in the posting was not hiring, but other locations several thousand miles away. I was also told that the position was to attend a 3 month training session, at the end of which I would either pay FDM 36k$ or work for them for two years. When I told the Interviewer that this would not work for me, and started hinting that I was no longer interested, they got quite rude.

No technical questions were asked, it seemed like the priority was to get warm bodies in the training session.

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening then a logic test then video questions and an in person meeting with some of the account managers. You have a recruiter who will help you through the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the four pillars of oop object oriented programming   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an object and a class   1 Answer
    • What are the keywords static and final for in java   1 Answer
    • Talk about a project that you had an issue come up. How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

They got back to me within a day of submitting the application about the phone interview. The recruiter I was in contact with then took a week and a half to schedule the interview, an hour before it emailed to reschedule, and then they disappeared completely.