FHLB Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FHLB Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Just a very basic and general phone screening. Questions about myself and why I would be a good fit, information about the company and the position. They said they would send me an excel test to take in a few days but that email never came, even after reaching out to them about not receiving it.

Interview Questions

• They asked to explain my knowledge in Excel and how I apply those skills.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago in January 2017.

Interview

Hardest ever. More like they want to test u r the grade A student. Interviewers have no people skills. They just wanted to know if you have the tech skills. Period.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago.

Interview

Had two interviews. It was really good and helpful.
    They asked previous work experience related questions. Some technical stuff. The overall interview was good and fits perfectly for the position.
    The interview was done on the phone. The recruiters were very good and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected as such. The questions were general and was based on my past experience   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted application end of January, had an interview first week of March.
    40 or so minutes over the phone with the hiring partner. A lot of questions concerning your personality, relative work experience and crisis management.

Interview Questions

• Describe Yourself in 3 words.
      How do you handle conflict in the workplace?
      How has your past jobs been helpful to you?
      Where do you see yourself in ten years?
      Why did you major in X in college and how has that been useful to you?
      Answer Question

Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview and few days later got a call to interview at their office. Had 4 back-to-back interviews at their office for 3.5 hours. The interview was mainly behavioral, fit questions and questions about the resume with some basic technical questions on Fixed Income and current markets. The process was very organized and the HR got back with the decision quickly. A few weeks later I received my offer.

Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, the second being 3 hours long. They asked standard questions about my background and past experiences. It was very resume-based. Additionally, they asked a few questions about derivatives and current markets. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process, and HR got back quickly regarding decisions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago.

Interview

The interview process was the manager of the department, the questions were standard about my prior experience and the basic interview questions. The turn around time from Hr took an extremely long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Winter2014/15 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email that they wanted to interview me. They sent me a schedule of the interview process, which was from 2pm-5pm, meeting with 6 different people, each interview lasting 30 minutes. I was nervous about this but each interview was really relaxed and didn't last 30 minutes. So I usually waited in the interview room 5-10 minutes until the next interview. Everyone was really nice, and everyone asked the basic interview questions, nothing too tricky. Their office is downtown Chicago next to Millennium Park, nice office and is located on three floors.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical question that people would ask me when filling out their tax returns?   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and HR got back to you with decisions very quickly compared to other companies. The Interview was mainly behavioral and there was a lot of emphasis on what was listed on your resume. First rounds were over the phone and then second rounds were in office with who would be your manager and a team member.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you were working with a team and one of the team members didn't contribute. How was that handled?   Answer Question

MPF Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online. It was nothing out of the ordinary; just a resume, cover letter, and references. Within a few weeks, I received an email to arrange an interview. My interviewer, and eventual supervisor, arrived to the interview about 20 minutes late. It was pretty clear he had only been informed the interview was happening upon my arrival. He mainly asked about the experience on my resume, what i was interested in, and if I could use any particular analytic tools. The whole thing was fairly laid back. A few weeks later, I received my offer.