FICO Analytic Consultant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Analytic Consultant I Interview Questions

Interviews at FICO

2.8

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO in August 2016.

Interview

A company representative came to my college career fair. Then I applied the job online. Two weeks later I was asked for a phone interview that scheduled in the next week. The phone interview took about 15 minutes. I was asked some general questions like location, education, etc.. Result came out in another week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FICO

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO in October 2015.

Interview

After talking to one of the analytic consultants at a school career fair, I had several phone interviews that we're all fairly standard and then had one 4 hour long interview at FICO's analytic headquarters. This interview process included 2 "technical" interviews that had questions about regressions and tested your problem solving skills and 2 other more general interviews. Overall I thought that the interview process was very fair and provided me with a lot of information about the job and the work environment which was helpful for making a decision once I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the distribution of the sum of squared errors?   Answer Question
    • What are some possible problems you see with the dataset the client is providing you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the San Rafael office (CA). My first interaction was at the career fair at UC Berkeley and from there I went through 4 rounds interview.
    1st -HR - primarily behavioral asking about the kind of work i have been doing - 15-20 mins
    Had to wait a long time (~2 months) to get an answer to if i m going to the next round
    2nd - Behavioural - asking to describe the kind of analytical projects I have done - ~30 mins
    3rd- i interviewed with the team - general behavior questions and one technical interview
    4th - behavioural - similar to 2nd interview
    They were quick in process from round 2-4, very adjusting with your day/time preferences for the interviews. It was a smooth process except for the long wait after round 1.

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience. Met the recruiters at my college career fair, got along with them very well. A recruiter called me the following week to set up a phone screening to go over basic information, i.e. when I was graduating, what type of job I was looking for, etc. Had an additional phone Interview to go over my resume a bit more in depth and my tech skills.

Next was an on-site interview. This involved 4, one-hour interviews with 4 members of the team I would be working with. 3 basic interviews going over your skills and background and 1 tech screening. I really enjoyed all the people I spoke with and got along with them very well. Was pretty casual, much more of a conversation feel than an actual interview.

Had one final interview the following week with the Lead Director of the team and was notified I was getting an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at FICO? Describe your resume and projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very negotiable on salary, was able to negotiate the starting date I wanted.

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO in March 2013.

Interview

Talked with HR lady on the phone who asked basic questions about my experiences etc.

Had another interview with a much senior person who asked me the following

- What is the largest dataset have you worked with?
    - Tell me about the credit risk experience mentioned in your resume
    - Do you know Perl, Python etc. If so what can you tell me.

Interview Questions

• How did you to use the data that you worked on in the project during the internship   Answer Question