FICO Analytic Science Scientist II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Analytic Science Scientist II Interview Questions

Interviews at FICO

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me to interview for the position of Analytical Scientist. The entire process took one week. I first interviewed with an HR person, then the department hiring manager then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with. The in-person interview took about 3 hours and was asked moderately easy questions. No real technical question (i.e. no programming).

Interview Questions

• 1. I was asked about sampling designs. Data may be too large to fit into a model, so what's an appropriate sampling design? (More conceptual, less theoretical)

2. I was asked about data integrity and validation. Data cleaning, detecting anomalies, etc.

3. How would you handle missing data? What are some common statistical data imputation techniques?

4. How would you detect outliers? What is an influential outlier?

5. I was asked about model/variable selection process.

6. I was asked about technical skills: Python, Perl, C++, Unix

7. Why do you want to work at FICO?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FICO

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 1 week by HR to forward them a resumé. Soon after, I was offered a phone interview which took ~1 hour.

Within a month, I was contacted again about scheduling a day to go in person to the office for a full interview. This interview consisted of multiple 1-2 person panels. Each panel was a back and forth conversation discussing my previous experience, or asking questions.

The company took me out to lunch, then after lunch I gave a 1 hour seminar talk with a short QA sessions after. There was one last panel at the end of the day.

Soon after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Many problem solving questions were asked, one example is what is the probability to get heads at least once when flipping a coin 10 times?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A half-day of interview at the FICO's San Rafael, CA office and then another 2 hours interview at the San Diego, CA office.
    It was an amazing experience. Very open platform for discussion. I got answers to all my queries regarding the job role. I had about 2 technical rounds and 2 behavioral rounds. They focus more on how well the person will fit into the Team and the Company so be prepared to answer a lot of situation-based questions from your past experiences.
    By far this was the best interview experience I have ever had. They focus more on your skills and capabilities rather than your knowledge of advanced technical concepts. Good Luck!!

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Interview

A head hunter initialize the contact. Then a HR person called for a phone screen. Onsite interview is followed. The team must want to fill the position desparately so the interview is quite simple.

Interview Questions

• Bayes theorem. Make sure whatever you listed in your resume, you can explain it fully. The interviewers are nice but they can grill you bad if they want to.   Answer Question

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO in June 2008.

Interview

1 interview. People are nice.