FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

1 hr phone interview, first 15 minutes introducing the data analytic team then go through past projects about 30 minutes, and a case interview about fraud detection Finally failed on fraud detection for feature selection(transaction, customer segmentation .etc). Try to thank away of your core expertise.

Interview Questions

• Given fraud detection and various features, how do you select to predict the fraud?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 Skype round, 4 Webex round, 7 onsite interviews in San Jose office for DevOps Engineer II role. I was given the verbal offer and then revoked because I negotiated and joining dates were not clear. Overall, experience was negative, unprofessional, impolite and indecisive about the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and filled out a questionnaire which lead to an interview on-site. The interview was mostly focused on the position and my background. Regular entry-level interview questions.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is a day long. You will have 4 sessions with 2 people each. They will treat you to lunch. There is also a presentation. They will appear smart and ask you wide breadth and deep depth questions. However, they don't really do anything complicated themselves. They will cover programming/engineering, Big Data, and Machine Learning/AI/Data Mining. All they do is use some basic Big Data tools (Storm, Spark/Scala, Hadoop, etc...) to process data to feed into a neural network to detect anomalies (e.g. cybersecurity and financial risk). They took a lot of notes from what I said, but I didn't learn much from them; they won't answer any of your probing questions and will dance around your questions, especially if you ask them about how they tune their neural networks.

Interview Questions

• Given the word, "pepper," what are the number of ways to create words (valid or not) using the letters in this word?   2 Answers
    • What is a distribution you may use to model data whose range of input values is [0, N]?   1 Answer

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO in August 2016.

Interview

A company representative came to my college career fair. Then I applied the job online. Two weeks later I was asked for a phone interview that scheduled in the next week. The phone interview took about 15 minutes. I was asked some general questions like location, education, etc.. Result came out in another week.

Analystic Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They start with one phone interview that is part technical and part behavioral. The 2nd interview is a lot more technical, where you will be asked to provide answers after being presented with slides. The last interview you will go to the FICO location to interview with some of the scores team that has both behavioral and technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to explain in detail about the big data projects you have done in the final interview.   Answer Question
    • They will present you with a data question (for example how to predict who will get into college) and ask questions on the process in which you will use data to answer that question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a job board. About a month after submitting my application I received an email asking to answer and submit a questionnaire regarding my experience and the job in question. Some time after that I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I received an on site interview about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, OOP concepts, explain previous work and experience   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring mgr, In person one one interview with hiring mgr, Sales presentation with role play on topic of my choice to panel of hiring mgr and existing sales guy.

Interview Questions

• BIg Data and data warehouse Technology understanding
      Sales process
      Achievement   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. It is a phone screening then interview. The recruiter is nice but i did not expect many of the questions. Started with do you have any questions for me.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was first contacted by a senior recruiter by email to fill out a questionnaire...
    Later, appointments were set for four interviews, two technical and two otherwise.
    Two non technical interviews got cancelled because the recruiters were busy but the technical interview took place as planned. The interviewers were very polite and forthcoming about the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very difficult, just basics in JAVA, SQL, XML etc.. Beware, the technical guys know their trade really well and can smell those who are good or not.   Answer Question