FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2018

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very well. After the initial call it took about a week to arrange the onsite interview. They asked lots of questions related to database scalability; in my case MongoDB related. Everyone was courteous and very pleasant to speak with. I was offered water, coffee by just about everyone that came in contact with me.
    The sad part in all of this is the fact that they never contacted me after the interview. Not a word; no emails - zip.

Interview Questions

• Given a a roomba like vacuum with a limited APIs like turn left, turn right, go forward, clean, detect clean area, how would you ensure you have traversed and cleaned an entire room. Bonus: how would you optimize to save energy?   Answer Question

Software Engineering - Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I worked at FICO as an intern so my interview process might not apply to everyone. I applied online and received a call the day after. After 2-3 phone calls, we scheduled an on-site interview. The entire process took less than a week. The interview, which lasted for roughly 2 hours, was extremely laid back. As an ex-intern, I had a great experience getting interviewed by some of the people I already knew at the office. Two weeks later, I received a call with an offer, which I accepted.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

1 hr phone interview, first 15 minutes introducing the data analytic team then go through past projects about 30 minutes, and a case interview about fraud detection Finally failed on fraud detection for feature selection(transaction, customer segmentation .etc). Try to thank away of your core expertise.

Interview Questions

• Given fraud detection and various features, how do you select to predict the fraud?   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview was average. Started with a questionnaire asking why FICO, strengths, experiences, and skills. After the questionnaire, there is a phone interview. Following that, there will be a 3 1:1 onsite interview.

Senior Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a first phone screening with HR, two 30-minutes phone interviews, one 3-hour in-person interview including conversation with four people and a presentation. After that, the rest of the process was completed with three days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you resolved an urgent client issue.   1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The local team leader reached out to me. When I said I wasn't interested in a new position, he persisted, and I was willing to discuss their development. It was worth it! The discussion and follow-up discussion were very cordial and productive.

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and quick. Kathy called me and coordinated everything from A to Z with great professionalism. The process took about 3-4 weeks.
    1. I had the first touch with Kathy, then
    2. a technical phone interview (about 1hour), then
    3. an on-site interviews with the team in San Rafael, then
    4. short phone interview with the VP of analytic, then
    5. written test,

The process seems long, but it wasn't actually.

Interview Questions

• Mainly review of my CV and some questions about mathematical optimization   Answer Question

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 1 week by HR to forward them a resumé. Soon after, I was offered a phone interview which took ~1 hour.

Within a month, I was contacted again about scheduling a day to go in person to the office for a full interview. This interview consisted of multiple 1-2 person panels. Each panel was a back and forth conversation discussing my previous experience, or asking questions.

The company took me out to lunch, then after lunch I gave a 1 hour seminar talk with a short QA sessions after. There was one last panel at the end of the day.

Soon after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Many problem solving questions were asked, one example is what is the probability to get heads at least once when flipping a coin 10 times?   Answer Question

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me to interview for the position of Analytical Scientist. The entire process took one week. I first interviewed with an HR person, then the department hiring manager then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with. The in-person interview took about 3 hours and was asked moderately easy questions. No real technical question (i.e. no programming).

Interview Questions

• 1. I was asked about sampling designs. Data may be too large to fit into a model, so what's an appropriate sampling design? (More conceptual, less theoretical)

2. I was asked about data integrity and validation. Data cleaning, detecting anomalies, etc.

3. How would you handle missing data? What are some common statistical data imputation techniques?

4. How would you detect outliers? What is an influential outlier?

5. I was asked about model/variable selection process.

6. I was asked about technical skills: Python, Perl, C++, Unix

7. Why do you want to work at FICO?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 Skype round, 4 Webex round, 7 onsite interviews in San Jose office for DevOps Engineer II role. I was given the verbal offer and then revoked because I negotiated and joining dates were not clear. Overall, experience was negative, unprofessional, impolite and indecisive about the offer.