FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is a day long. You will have 4 sessions with 2 people each. They will treat you to lunch. There is also a presentation. They will appear smart and ask you wide breadth and deep depth questions. However, they don't really do anything complicated themselves. They will cover programming/engineering, Big Data, and Machine Learning/AI/Data Mining. All they do is use some basic Big Data tools (Storm, Spark/Scala, Hadoop, etc...) to process data to feed into a neural network to detect anomalies (e.g. cybersecurity and financial risk). They took a lot of notes from what I said, but I didn't learn much from them; they won't answer any of your probing questions and will dance around your questions, especially if you ask them about how they tune their neural networks.

Interview Questions

• Given the word, "pepper," what are the number of ways to create words (valid or not) using the letters in this word?   2 Answers
    • What is a distribution you may use to model data whose range of input values is [0, N]?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone screenings (HR with recruiter and technical with the hiring engineer) followed by a technical on-site interview that lasted 3 hours. The on-site interview involved three 45 minute sessions with different members of the team, as well as two 1-on-1 sessions with the principal engineer. The first two sessions were technical in nature, testing my general knowledge, as well as my technical and problem solving abilities. The first session was a mix of Q&A followed by white-board psuedocode, while the second half was a pair-programming session in two different environments I'd be using.

The last session was another Q&A discussing my ability to work in a team environment as well as competency in software development practices.

Interview Questions

• Using psuedo-code, how would you go about implementing a linked-list?   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO in August 2016.

Interview

A company representative came to my college career fair. Then I applied the job online. Two weeks later I was asked for a phone interview that scheduled in the next week. The phone interview took about 15 minutes. I was asked some general questions like location, education, etc.. Result came out in another week.

Product Marketing Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Started off with and Initial email with the Talent Acquisition Consultant. She provided a questionnaire regarding general professional experience. The following week, I spoke to the hiring manager over phone for a 20 minute chat. I was then invited to the San Diego office to meet the product marketing team and the hiring manager. A week and a half later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. It was more of a conversational interview.
      One question: Why FICO? Do you have experience creating content? Why are you seeking for a position at FICO?   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

It went very well and FICO responded extremely fast paced. My FICO initial HR recruiter was both honest and upfront about getting back to me. The yset up interviews based on my schedule within the same week. Very prompt in response. Took a week to get back to me

Analystic Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They start with one phone interview that is part technical and part behavioral. The 2nd interview is a lot more technical, where you will be asked to provide answers after being presented with slides. The last interview you will go to the FICO location to interview with some of the scores team that has both behavioral and technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to explain in detail about the big data projects you have done in the final interview.   Answer Question
    • They will present you with a data question (for example how to predict who will get into college) and ask questions on the process in which you will use data to answer that question.   Answer Question

Demand Generations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was like any other company interviewing for a position. They asked a few of the questions regarding who you are and what you like to do. Then asked more formal interview questions

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. Interview time and location were communicated through email. The interview itself lasted 120 minutes. Every 40 minutes new interviewers would come in and ask different questions. The interviewer really dug into my resume to make sure I had the necessary skills for the job.

Analytic Cloud Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FICO (Del Mar, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair and informative. I felt that I had plenty of opportunity to discuss my own strengths, how those might contribute to FICO and learn about how working at FICO could benefit me. I was also able to learn about the bigger picture of what FICO does and how it operates as a business which made me feel more comfortable with the role I would play, and more motivated to work there.

Interview Questions

• What experience I already had with the kind of work that I would be doing at FICO.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process had 2 parts one with the manager and second one with the senior network lead.

Technical part which was with senior network lead was challenging as interviewer wanted to have the detail answer.

Interview Questions

• Asked bout the vpn technology in detail   1 Answer