FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

Dev Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were multiple interviews(one the phone and in person). The first interview was with my potential employer, and the other interviews were in person. The people who were interviewing were very understanding about my level of experience, being a freshman in college.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific questions about computer science and solving algorithms. For one specific question, I was asked to explain how to sort and print out a sequence of numbers(fibonacci).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a job board. About a month after submitting my application I received an email asking to answer and submit a questionnaire regarding my experience and the job in question. Some time after that I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I received an on site interview about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, OOP concepts, explain previous work and experience   Answer Question

Information Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager, one of his peers on the IT team, one of his peers on the security team and the CISO. Each interview was approximately 30 minutes, with the exception of the hiring manager, which lasted over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Each interview was a conversation, not really a Q&A session. Topics ranged from encryption tools to mentoring style.   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for Analytic Consultant II in San Rafael. I found the position in the company's website and applied online.

First, I interviewed with HR. After that, other 7 interviews with the team, directors, and VP, some of them on site.

Finally, I received the job offer.

It was an amazing experience.

Analytic Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Standard process. First round phone interview with general questions. Second one is more about professional knowledge. After that is on site interview by team including peers and supervisors. Fourth round is by director.

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the San Rafael office (CA). My first interaction was at the career fair at UC Berkeley and from there I went through 4 rounds interview.
    1st -HR - primarily behavioral asking about the kind of work i have been doing - 15-20 mins
    Had to wait a long time (~2 months) to get an answer to if i m going to the next round
    2nd - Behavioural - asking to describe the kind of analytical projects I have done - ~30 mins
    3rd- i interviewed with the team - general behavior questions and one technical interview
    4th - behavioural - similar to 2nd interview
    They were quick in process from round 2-4, very adjusting with your day/time preferences for the interviews. It was a smooth process except for the long wait after round 1.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief questionnaire, phone screening with hiring manager (30 minutes), and 1/2 day of interviews. Interviewing process was not difficult. The hiring manager was great. The HR person was not very good at their job - she missed crucial details.

As well, I would suggest that FICO do more to allow a candidate to understand what culture/environment they are joining. There was no tour of the office, just an interview in a dark and dank conference room.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews, each with different teams, and the teams that liked me got involved in the on-site. My on-site consisted of 3 interviewers (only 1 team followed up with me, so I don't know how this would vary for people who match up with more), which really focused on my past experience and projects. There were a few technical questions, but they were really simple.

Interview Questions

• Situations where deadlock could occur.   1 Answer

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

1 hour phone interview with hiring manager, followed by 5 hours of onsite interviews with hiring manager and potential peers. Many questions exploring my technical knowledge. The interviewers seem to be top-notch and really knew the technology they were talking about. It was easy for me to assess growth potential based on the readily apparent intelligence of technical personnel who interviewed me. About 3 weeks from application to offer. Very clean, crisp process from stem to stern.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technology that you're really passionate about.   1 Answer

Lead Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

Fairly Standard, There was a phone screening, followed by a technical interview by a team. The technical interview was fairly detailed.

Then a cultural fit interview with a director.

Interview Questions

• Cultural fit interviewer asked me for 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fico HR does not have a lot of room to negotiate pay rates at this level. They stretched a little, but that took lots of approval from higher up.