FIS Programmer Analyst I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FIS Programmer Analyst I Interview Questions

Interviews at FIS

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FIS (Little Rock, AR) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, and got a phone interview. This lead to an on-site interview that was technical, and non-technical. The non-technical interview was with several managers, some more intense than the others. Technical interview was average in difficulty with simple logic questions, and a technical writing assignment at end (to see how well you write).

Interview Questions

• A robot entering a maze, describe its actions per step based on logic. There will be a floor and a ceiling, walls, a floor.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FIS

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Three interviews on the same day, and a catered lunch with with team members. One is a technical interview, other two are with managers.

Tech interview covered two classic programming problems, a math skills test (similar to GRE/SAT problems), and some optional Java questions.

All interview questions are standardized in advance, so don't worry about getting a rogue interviewer.

Interview Questions

• One programming question was the old standby, Fizzbuzz.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FIS (Little Rock, AR) in October 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted through an event at my school and was encouraged to apply because I had experience with COBOL. The company claimed it was not necessary to be proficient because they would teach you everything that was needed for the job. After meeting with two ladies at my school and submitting an online application, I was granted a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. They asked about my work and educational experiences. Questions like, how do you handle stress, what type of leadership roles have you had, are you able to relocate, etc. The day after the phone interview I was called and told to come to an interview process on site that would last around 4 hours. I was there with a group and we listened to presentation from various representatives about what the company does and some of their clients. Then we were sent for two one on one interviews and a skills test. The interviews were essentially the same as the phone interview. The only difference was being asked more detailed questions about my school and work experience. The skills test consisted of basic math, basic if-then-else program, a COBOL program and also java. After that was completed, everyone met up again for lunch provided by the company and we were all told we would hear something back within a couple of weeks. Overall it sounds like a great company to work for, however no one ever contacted me again about the position. I followed up with emails and attempted to call as well. I never got a reply. I was disappointed no one had the courtesy to ever contact me back, after multiple attempts but I still thin they would be a wonderful fit for anyone with a desire to be a programmer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were faced with a difficult decision?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FIS.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR Talent Acquisitions person in another state. She asked me general questions about my experience based on my resume, and told me some about the company and what the work environment was like. About a week later she called me to schedule an on-site interview. During the interview, I answered basic programming questions and had to solve some problems by writing pseudo code. I was offered the position the next business day. The people were very nice and helpful. The only issue I had was when I was told the information about my offer, I was told 3 weeks vacation, but when I started it turned out to be 2 weeks vacation plus four personal "holidays" that the company gives you. Not a big deal, but I was confused during my meeting with HR about my benefits at first.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.