FIS Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FIS Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at FIS

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FIS (Maitland, FL).

Interview

Had phone interview in 2009 which went wonderfully. They indicated i was very qualified and seemed genuinely excited to meet with me. I was in my late 50's at the time. As soon as i arrived at the interview, before any discussion, I was quickly told that I was not a good fit. My interview lasted less than 3 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for FIS

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FIS (Orlando, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, Phone Screen by department, face to face with manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation permitted.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

5 interviews including phone interview. Not very difficult interview but had to meet a lot of people at different locations. Initial phone interview, three personal interviews, 2 phone interviews, extremely thorough background check via third party. Included blood tests etc.

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FIS (Norcross, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Met for 45 minutes with hiring manager, was asked a series of questions regarding my abilities as a project manager. Was asked about my strengths and weaknesses, typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a failed project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

In person interview after a phone interview. Typical interview for most part. Arrived early and signed in. Rooms were an issue as had to wait a bit for one to free up. Met with 2 people initially. General questions at first and then specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge or weakness that you have had to deal with in performing your job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FIS (Sarasota, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Lots of process and technical questions that pertained to a Project Manager role. Met with a senior project manager and after talked to two people who I believe were the manager and an employee of the team. First person was to see if I was even worth pushing through to the hiring manager, which I was.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a project you were responsible for and owner of from inception to its completion.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FIS (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2008.

Interview

Interview took 1 hour. Four people were on the panel. Basic get to know questions, more in depth question about my experience. Nothing so exciting. I showed what skills I bring to the table and to the position. I did not see any wow-ness in their expression.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated very little. I thought about it a day. I was offered 20% lower the similar position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FIS in March 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview with VP and Director. Two more interviews with staff. Questions were mainly situational (i.e., describe a situation where you resolved differences with senior staff or peers, describe a problem you resolved involing communication, ambiguous requirements, describe a problem you solved with a client, what is the single most important factor in team relations (motivation and reward), etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the single most important factor in successful team management?   1 Answer
    • The second?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiaition--set pay grades.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FIS (Chennai (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had attended the interview at FIS chennai Ambit Park on 26-July at 5 PM. I am DISSAPOINTED with the 1-1 interview that happened!!!!
    I was interviewed by another PM at FIS. My interview was for PM position and expectation is that the interviewer should be atleast one level above, maybe a senior PM or a delivery manager. The interviewer's gesture and the trivial questions asked were not upto the mark and the interviewer seemed to take the interview only for namesake. Even I was not briefed about the project or the exact requirement for the position - such things are very crucial a candidate will expect, which will help him as well as the intervier to judge and decide whether the candidate is a good fit for the position or not. The interviewer directly started shooting questions which she had noted down in her book, at first instance.

All these instances prove that the interviewer lacks experience in recruiting people and I am highly dissatisfied with the interview process. I will not be surprised if this interview result turns out to be negative for me and I am unselected.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan and track a project?   1 Answer
    • What are the critical project issues you faced and how you tackled them?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FIS (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Good transparent work. The feedback was provided on time. The interviewer was gentle and friendly. All the interviews were done on the same day. The offer letter was provided after 10 days.

Interview Questions

• The tough questions were from the same product in which I had earlier worked. the product is owned by FIS.   Answer Question

good