FIS Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FIS Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at FIS

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FIS (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Just a conversation about my career, side projects and interests in general. Also there was some general questions about JS ie: Scope, chaining, promises, event bubbling and the various quirks of JS the DOM API and CSS

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you do outside work   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FIS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Total 4 rounds were their first online mcq and after that 2 continuous f2f interview and final round was managerial round.
    They were only waisting your time after getting selected they said they have not much of that budget to hire you.
    Don't waist your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FIS (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

A recruiter found my profile on job search website and contacted me. Next, phone screening. Last, a face-to-face interview. After in-person interview I waited for one week, after that I got short e-mail that "they have decided to go in a different direction for this position."

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked this: you gets the list of words(for example you read the text file with numerous words) and need to find if there is word which is part of another word(in the same file). There is a lot of solutions to this task, but you have to be careful, it's not easy to find an efficient solution.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FIS in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very well organised . I applied for testing
    There were total of 4 rounds
    1 round - 40 MCQ questions on manual testing ,sql, regression testing ,unix
    2 round - basic testing questions and couple of puzzles
    3 round -( managerial round) everything mentioned on you resume starting from your project to scenarios
    4 round- (HoD round ) where u would need to interact with the HOD . He will ask about your experience and your projects.

Interview Questions

• puzzle- how to make 5 zeros equal to 120 using any airthmetic operation   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FIS (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

very punctual
    basic testing questions along with desired skills needed additional skills are always welcome here.
    instead of manual manual + automation tester is prefered SQL and UNIX is must.
    be prepared for out of box questions related to processes

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FIS in December 2016.

Interview

It was a scheduled interview by FIS directly. Interview was held on Dec 2016 at Mumbai in Powai location. The process is good but HR and company is pathetic in values.

1st round was a paper pen written round with multiple choice questions, few coding questions in JAVA and Java script and SQL queries. I found it average and did it in 30 min.
    2nd round was core technical question where much deeper questions related to Java and scenario based question was asked.
    3rd Round was taken by 2 people for 40 min technical. This round was complex as in they were asking to write code on paper.
    Last was round was HR round and most pathetic. Everything went fine but when the salary negotiation came into picture they were literally saying we look for cheap and best candidate, we cannot afford much higher package but will try to talk with higher management and get u onboard as we don't want to loose a good candidate.
    Next day a mail came to share my existing offer to verify my expectation and prepare there offer.
    From that day they never looked back to reply me. I followed them and I got a reply we are working on it will let you know by the HR. I understood they do not have a capacity to offer me. So the HR again didn't reply even I dropped a mail.
    The thing is, company has no values and etiquette how to deal with people. If they didn’t had the capacity to pay me they shouldn't have asked my detail of existing offer. Or they should have said it directly. But hanging people in hope and not replying for money matter shows organisational values. Cheap and hopeless organisation.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why is spring so famous.
      2.Why not other framework.
      3.How may resources and want all technology u will use if I want a application built in a day which can report the bank of all customers who has deposited the money with Rs 1000 note and details of note, no of notes etc. A report should be generated EOD   Answer Question
    • Spring related DI questions.
      Multhreading
      Web services transaction   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS (Pune City (India)).

Interview

3-4 Rounds, It have slow process, Took me almost a month.
    1. One-Two technical (Most important stuff)
    2. Hr round (Discussion on salary, etc, Mostly telephonic)
    3. MD Round (Logical & Problem solving, Non-Technical)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FIS (Chennai (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a mail from Naukri asking to attend FIS interview on Saturday. It is a very small office with congested cubicles.
    They mentioned Spring and Web services as requirement.
    They didn't mention clearly what their requirement was. After attending interview they were asking Spring REST and Spring JPA
    I went to interview thinking Spring MVC and Spring IOC and Jersey/Restful/Resteasy
    They should mention what they want clearly. HR department is worst. They don't have drinking waterfacility too.

Interviewers are very rude. They are lazy too. All worst fellows(used an intensive word GD is not accepting to write that)are doing the interview. Worst office worst people. HR department doesn't know for what they positions they have to call candidates. Wasted time for me.

Bunch of waste fellows and incapable guys. Even I have got an offer I would have thought 100 times before joining. Lack of personal space. U will regret in life if coming from good product companies

Interview Questions

• Create Arraylist from an Array
      Traverse a tree using Java   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FIS (Chennai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

That went well and was contacted about a face to face interview a couple of days later.
    The face to face was the "Spanish Inquisition" type meeting which was very cordial and actually ran over the hour. Everyone was super nice.
    They had…

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FIS (Pune City (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Don't waste you time to go and attend the interview. They will reject you without any strong reason. May be they taking only those candidate who has reference in their company. I cleared two technical round and partially completed the technical assignment which is the not part of the interview when i was discussed the interview process with HR. It is very bad experience for.