FLSmidth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Called for a phone interview after 1 month. Had a phone interview with HR Generalist then scheduled an in-person interview. Met with HR for a few minutes, then CS supervisor for an hour, then another manager from different department for an additional hour, then another manager for 45 minutes. Plus another 2 people just "peeked in" to meet me while I waited, then back to same HR Generalist. Total interview time was 3 hours. I felt like I was on display.

CS supervisor talked about herself most of the time and asked only a few general questions. Tell me about yourself, why did you leave previous job, etc. Second manager tried to play "bad cop" and he didn't believe what was on my resume. Third manager just talked about sports.

HR said they would all discuss and let me know. I sent thank you notes to all immediately. I received no response. Called HR after 10 days and emailed after 3 weeks asking about the status. They didn't reply or say that they had gone with another candidate or even "you sucked." Very unprofessional not to respond at all. Job posting remains after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• You didn't actually create a process, did you?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How did you come up with that number on your resume?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process was by committee. There were five FLS employees that interviewed me. Usual canned questions, nothing difficult. I applied online and was called for an interview a few weeks after application submittal. Negotiated terms with my eventual manager and was sent an acceptance letter via email which I signed and returned. Overall the process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Usual junk questions, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview with a panel from the department. Each took turns to ask questions. They were friendly questions and in a relaxed environment, more of a conversation style.
    Questions were mainly about past experience and company knowledge.
    The interview was about 45 minutes long.
    Within the panel there was a department specific HR person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I spoke over the phone with the person who would be my boss twice, we negotiated salary once, then the department HR person called me to offer me the job.

Proposal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FLSmidth in January 2012.

Interview

Had an call from Human Resources, followed by interview with the proposal manager. I was introduced to the estimating department. I received an offered a week later followed by a call from my manager.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Submitted resume at the Career fair
    2. Interviewed next day
    3. Received no letter since then

They had opening in Hydro metallurgy and I was interviewed for an R&D position. The R&D center is being set up. The interviewer was very open and assured me to send my resume and other supporting documents like published papers, unofficial transcript to the concerned R&D executive. I received an e-mail also to send my updated resume to the concerned R&D HR hiring officer. I sent my updated resume and since then it is 3 months and I heard nothing from them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you left your previous job in steel industry and joined PhD and again going to join an service industry?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FLSmidth (West Valley City, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

phone interview and face to face. Met with manager, supervisor and personnel from other departments. Review resume and waS asked standard questions regarding buyer position. Asked about experience with ERP systems, Was offered more money to start than requested. Company was growing at time and interested in people with good experience and referrals. Company was financially secure at the time and not micro managed by corporate office.

Negotiation

simple

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Chennai (India)).

Interview

The process consists of 4 rounds. First is written followed by GD. After that technical and HR interview . The technical interview was slightly tough which involved resume grilling and questions from areas of interest. Written round was normal. People preparing for gate will find the written round easy.

Commissioning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Copenhagen (Denmark)).

Interview

1. Online personality test
    All in one day:
    2. Brief description of the company
    3. Numerical test and Verbal reasoning test
    4. Interview with two senior commissioning engineers
    5. Interview with the HR with regards to the online personality test

Interview Questions

• The interview with the two commissioning engineers was very friendly. The HR questioned me based on my personality results. Such as, if you show that you are innovative - give an example of such situation, are you a leader type. Try to remember the personality test and your answers. Based on these you can predict the given questions from HR.   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valby (Denmark)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Valby (Denmark)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 interviews and a few tests over a 2 months period. I have always admired companies with a great legacy, not least engineering companies. FLSmidth fits that description by being founded in 1882 by some of Denmark's great pioneering engineers of our time. And by being constantly innovative being able to celebrate 135 years as a company very well positioned for delivering productivity to our customers in the years to come.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for FLSmidth specifically   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FLSmidth (Chennai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

1 day process. Company orientation followed by a technical and aptitude test. Shortlisted candidates attend an interview with a panel consisting of 4 members including HR. Selected some 20 candidates for final interview out of 80. 4 candidates were offered job finally. Very friendly panel. But the test was very difficult with very less time for quants and verbal aptitude and difficult technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Resume grilling, Technical qns in the field of fluid mechanics, metallurgy, and management principles.   Answer Question