FM Global Consulting Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FM Global Consulting Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at FM Global

2.7

Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FM Global in September 2017.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter during our career fair and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was very relaxed, and we just went over my resume and the key highlights to your experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FM Global

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Signed up through school career board, and was invited for an interview. There were two parts, one part was more of behavior questions kind, and the other was a personality profile. The personality profile was about 20-30 minutes long, and it asked to choose words that people use to describe you, and what words do you think you are, and one essay type question.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to locate?
      How did you get to choose your major?   Answer Question

Engineer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FM Global (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online through my University's website and was selected for an on-campus interview. I attended the interview and shortly after (30 minutes) received a phone call asking if I could come in for a second interview the following day. I went in for the second interview and interviewed with two managers (one technical, the second behavioral) and took a personality test. They also gave me a photo and asked me to write down whatever came to my mind regarding the photo.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online after learning of the position through university job board. In total the interview process was quite long, mostly due to the importance they placed on finding not just qualified candidates but ones that fit the position and company well, which I appreciated. They were very prompt following up with things, much more so than any other company I've encountered.

I had a phone, on-campus, and in-office interviews with the same manager, followed by a full day of in-office interviews with 6 different managers including an informal lunch. All the managers were very friendly and made the process quite enjoyable. Most questions were typical behavioral ones or about my resume/experience, we also discussed willingness to travel and what the job entailed. They also had me take a personality test, a (hand)written essay test, and give a 10-15 minute technical presentation. Definitely the most extensive interview process I've gone through but also the most enjoyable. They are very involved in finding the right people for the job and as a result I could see they really value their engineers.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation in which you had a conflict with a team member or supervisor and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Convince me why you are right for this position and why I should hire you.   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FM Global in April 2013.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter online. Was contacted by email about the position I applied for. Set up a phone interview. Phone interview was short.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected all behavioral. 3 questions I remember.
      1. Tell em about your previous work listed on your resume.
      2. Why do you think you would be good for this job.
      3. How did you get into engineering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FM Global (Tempe, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online through university career services. Selected for the first round of interviews and discussed my resume and FM Global's hiring process. Much of the interview was about the training process. Recruiter continually asked if I had any questions about the company.

If I was selected for next round of interviews, then I would have interviewed with the recruiter and a local manager.

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global in April 2013.

Interview

Did the phone interview and then got selected to do campus interview. Then got selected for in office interview. Need to write this so I can get access and read other people's interview question.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global in March 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview with a manager. Questions were related to my resume and about my performance with grades. I feel like I overprepared because the first phone interview is more like a screening of the applicants.

The conversation lasted about 15-20 minutes. A few days later I got an email notifying me that they went forward with other applicants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FM Global (Norwood, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview was much simpler than I anticipated, I had overprepared for much tougher questions. As always be prepared to ask questions and do some research on the company

Consultant Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through an on campus interview, the interviewers took some time to get to know you, then went through your experiences and then had a couple of simple behavioral interview questions. Interviews were very friendly and answered all questions and were very easy to converse with