FM Global Engineer Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.8

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

- The entire process was fairly quick, only taking about one month from the initial interview to an offer.
- The interview process was straightforward. Scheduling for phone and in-person interviews was easy. Flexible dates and times were provided.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better fit for this position than any other candidate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FM Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was flown out to their corporate office, all expenses paid for. Interview was from 8 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. Throughout the duration of the interview I met several of the engineers who were currently working for them. I was taken out to lunch by some of the new engineers to get to know them and ask questions about their experience. Every aspect of the interview was very well planned and organized.

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

I was given a phone interview that was full of pretty basic behavioral questions. Then they followed up with a full day in person interview at their office. I interviewed 4 different people. First, the person who had already did the phone interview asked me a few more questions. Then I met with two managers who I would potentially be working under and finally the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to present do different types of audiences?   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with one manager then an in office interview with multiple managers. They flew me in and out and paid for everything. It was relatively casual but long.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to make a decision when you didn't have all the necessary information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview - informal, getting to know you
    2. one-on-one interview with the hiring manager - this one was 45 mins talking to the interviewer and then a 30 min test and essay
    3. in house interview - I haven't gone yet

Haven't gotten an offer since I didn't do the third interview.
    I was invited to the in house interview, but I didn't go to it yet.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral questions like name a time where you persuaded someone or name a time that you work on yourself.   Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Signed up through school career board, and was invited for an interview. There were two parts, one part was more of behavior questions kind, and the other was a personality profile. The personality profile was about 20-30 minutes long, and it asked to choose words that people use to describe you, and what words do you think you are, and one essay type question.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to locate?
      How did you get to choose your major?   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FM Global in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University for the Walnut Creek office. The interviewer seemed like he was a bit tired and like he was listing off items/conversation topics he had been repeating all day. By the end of the conversation he couldn't remember what he had discussed with me and what he had discussed with the last candidate. He didn't seem entirely interested in what I had to offer. He spoke a lot and didn't make it very easy to contribute to the conversation, and I am a very communicative and outgoing person. He said to e-mail him if I was interested and they wouldn't get back to candidates with a request for second interviews until late January or February, and this was in October. We spoke a bit about my resume and previous work experience.

I don't know if I'll have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about your previous internships and tell me about them?   Answer Question
    • What have been your favorite and least favorite courses?   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through an on campus interview, the interviewers took some time to get to know you, then went through your experiences and then had a couple of simple behavioral interview questions. Interviews were very friendly and answered all questions and were very easy to converse with

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Applied through university's website, heard back within a month for an on campus interview. Attended their info session the night before. Interview was one on one, extremely laid back, no real interviewing questions. Just chatted for 40 minutes.

Consulting Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FM Global in September 2014.

Interview

Got the interview from on campus recruiting, after the first interview they contacted me for a phone interview but declined because I had a really good offer from a oil company. I thought the interview was a great person and liked the work he did, I remember asking him "what don't you like about FM Global ?" to which he replied he does not like the pay and wishes the company would pay more.

Interview Questions

• Not much behavioral just asked me about my past internship experience. One question I remember the interviewer asking is "What do you like to do outside of work?"   Answer Question

Better offer