FM Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FM Global Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.8

Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FM Global in September 2017.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter during our career fair and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was very relaxed, and we just went over my resume and the key highlights to your experiences.

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Signed up through school career board, and was invited for an interview. There were two parts, one part was more of behavior questions kind, and the other was a personality profile. The personality profile was about 20-30 minutes long, and it asked to choose words that people use to describe you, and what words do you think you are, and one essay type question.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to locate?
      How did you get to choose your major?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting site and got a call from the HR to set up the interview as they were going to come for the career fair. I was asked general basic questions. The HR spoke more about himself and the company. Overall a good experience. Later he told me that he will give the feedback to the manager and they will call me if they are interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FM Global (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was at a college career fair. They were very friendly. At first, I just gave them my resume and we talked for awhile, 10 minutes. Later that day, they emailed me saying they wanted to interview me further the next day. Most of the questions were about my resume. There were also some personality questions. Didn't take very long probably around 40 minutes. A few months later, I got a response saying that they liked my interviewing skills and qualifications, but they would like me to have more experience. They said to contact them further at the next career fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FM Global (Troy, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Went to a networking event they had at my college, then they had me sign up for an interview. Interviewers were very friendly, and the questions were all behavioral. Nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous projects, tell them about a project I'm most proud of, what qualities do I need to work on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FM Global (Troy, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to a information session and scheduled an interview.
    For the interview, it were just about behavioral questions.
    I prepared for it but my work experience was a bit behind so I did not get the job.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process took verylong (it was done through and employment agency) it took about 15-20 days for the whole thing. The interview process consisted of:

a. Excel exam before the phone interview
    b. word exam before the phone interview
    c. Phone Interview
    d. In-person Interview
    e. If you pass the first In-person Interview....
    f. they make you go back for a 2nd in-person interview where they make you do the following tests:
           1. a work style assessment
           2. a personal essay
           3. a math exam with algebra, fractions, decimals and mathematical questions
           4. and another Microsoft excel exam (they made me reproduce a live report that they produce for one of their clients)

the employment agency did a great job in keeping me informed of my test results and feedback.... and in all 6 exams I took.... I passed all of them ( I even found errors on the live excel exam that they wanted me to reproduce and I told the manager of the all the errors that I found...she even acknowledge the fact that I caught on to those mistakes and she then gave me new instructions to finish the excel report)

At this point, the employment agency was 98% sure that I was the top candidate, we even started the on-boarding process and FM Global kept on telling the agency that I was the top candidate...... finally right before the holidays the employment agency calls me and says the following: "they cannot hire you because you don't speak English" I am in shock!!!!! and they employment agency person was so sweet and candid when she tells me this... this person was in Shock too!!! she kept on apologizing to me for the bad experience I had with that company.

That is language DISCRIMINATION. After going 3 different times, passing all the exams with a high scores and being interviewed by 3 different people.... AND then to be turned away by being told that I don't speak English left a really bad taste in my mouth about the company.

IS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FM Global in April 2016.

Interview

It was a formal interview with direct manager, a senior manager and another senior team member. This was a group/panel type interview that began with a brief summary of the what the role entailed. Subsequently, I was asked to describe my last two roles and what my responsibilities where. This was followed by questions from the hiring manager and then questions from the other interviewers in the room. The last 5 minutes was dedicated to question and answer session where I was given the opportunity to ask questions. I was told I will hear back from them after they have concluded their interview process.
    I got a call from my recruiter 2 days later that the job was offered to me and I gladly accepted and stated two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What experience/skills/strengths that set me apart from other candidates.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FM Global (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a call soon after applying. A very professional and informative staff member reached out to me to set up an interview. The place was beautiful, and the interviewer was very professional as well. I answered questions and had a great conversation. I was given an offer soon after. Great experience with genuinely supportive people.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Johnston, RI) in May 2011.

Interview

Referred by an employee, had a phone screen, set up an interview appointment. Arrived for the appointment, filled out paperwork, met with recruiter, took writing and personality quiz, then met with team, then met with hiring manager. Overall, I was impressed with the company. I thought it was a great place to work and still might like to work there someday. One thing the hiring manager said really impressed me. She told me that FMGlobal was approached to insure the Twin Towers (the World Trade Center in NYC) several times long before 9/11/2001. Each time, the company decided it was too much of a risk to insure the buildings.

Interview Questions

• How often did I feel the need to contact my manager for guidance?   1 Answer