FM Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.8

Loss Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FM Global (Johnston, RI).

Interview

Apply online; you can either manually enter the intfo, upload resume or sync from Linkedin. HR reached out either by phone or email. Multiple phases, first HR does a phone interview, followed by in person interview with hiring manager. Assuming the hiring manager likes you, you'd meet with their boss possibly a few other people.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you've implemented a change and had to persuade your team into utilizing this change for efficiency.   Answer Question
    • Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had an irrate client/customer and how you dealth with it, if you haven't how would you deal with one?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite day of the week?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

- The entire process was fairly quick, only taking about one month from the initial interview to an offer.
    - The interview process was straightforward. Scheduling for phone and in-person interviews was easy. Flexible dates and times were provided.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better fit for this position than any other candidate?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral. Asked about my organization skills, my preferences of work area, if I was willing to travel. They asked where I had done my research on the company. The interviewer also highlighted that he wanted it to be more of a conversation vs. just one of us talking.

Interview Questions

• With so many deadlines, how do you keep them straight and organized?   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was flown out to their corporate office, all expenses paid for. Interview was from 8 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. Throughout the duration of the interview I met several of the engineers who were currently working for them. I was taken out to lunch by some of the new engineers to get to know them and ask questions about their experience. Every aspect of the interview was very well planned and organized.

Client Processing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FM Global (Park Ridge, IL).

Interview

I apply through Indeed.com got a call from the Human Resources Manager which was an brief interview and was called in for a in person interview with the Assistant Manger and Manager asked basic task questions like excel experience running pivot tables, vLookups process took about a month and was offer the position .

Consultant Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. The interview was very short. It was supposed to be 30 minutes but after about 15 minutes, the interviewer was done. I didn't even realize it was the end of the interview when the interviewer asked me if I had any questions, because it felt like such a short time. The questions were not your typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you received this position, how would you explain to your non-technical friend what you do?   Answer Question

Saba Migration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FM Global (Johnston, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, off site coffee meeting, face to face meeting.
    It all happened within a one week period. Interview went really well, however the hiring manager decided to change the role after interview and wanted someone less technical and more customer service focused.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you failed on a project.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FM Global (Troy, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to a information session and scheduled an interview.
    For the interview, it were just about behavioral questions.
    I prepared for it but my work experience was a bit behind so I did not get the job.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global (San Juan, PR) in October 2016.

Interview

Job fair at my college and the second interview was in San Juan PR. It was very nice and they seem very intersted. in general nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• behavior quiestions, nothing dificult. Every question from glass door prepare me for the intervew. I didnt get the job becouse I am civil engineer and they were looking for mechanical and chemical engineers. Good luck.   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

I was given a phone interview that was full of pretty basic behavioral questions. Then they followed up with a full day in person interview at their office. I interviewed 4 different people. First, the person who had already did the phone interview asked me a few more questions. Then I met with two managers who I would potentially be working under and finally the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to present do different types of audiences?   Answer Question