FM Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

FM Global Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Interviewers were extremely welcoming. Asked a lot of questions about past experiences. Was interviewed by three employees who all had a different sets of questions and held different positions within the company. The whole interview lasted between 2.5-3 hours. You are given a Microsoft Office efficiency test, a typing WPM test, and a personality quiz before hand. All around, interview is a little long but in a very welcoming and positive environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Agie Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FM Global (Johnston, RI) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was a lot of situational questions that asked about your historic dealings in certain situations. There seemed to be a common list of questions that were being asked to each employee.

Interview Questions

• Provide me a time where you had to negotiate a win-win situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Applied through career fair. Final round interview was on site and consisted of lunch, behavioral interviews, a 15-minute presentation on a topic of your choice, and a brief writing exercise. Overall a pretty relaxed interview even with the presentation.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Phone interview: it was informal and focused on my resume mostly. The interviewer shined some light on the details of the position and the company. The onsite interview involved a personality screening test and a presentation on any topic.

Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FM Global in September 2017.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter during our career fair and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was very relaxed, and we just went over my resume and the key highlights to your experiences.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Providence, RI) in September 2017.

Interview

Very formal standard process. First a phone screening by HR, who was very nice and encouraging. She set up a phone screening with the software team. After the phone screening I was asked to come in for an interview which lasted more than two hours. First with 2 senior/principal engineers and following that were three interviews with hiring managers including one vice president.

Interview Questions

• Lot of scripted scenario questions by managers   1 Answer
    • technical team asked more in depth questions   1 Answer

Loss Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FM Global (Johnston, RI).

Interview

Apply online; you can either manually enter the intfo, upload resume or sync from Linkedin. HR reached out either by phone or email. Multiple phases, first HR does a phone interview, followed by in person interview with hiring manager. Assuming the hiring manager likes you, you'd meet with their boss possibly a few other people.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you've implemented a change and had to persuade your team into utilizing this change for efficiency.   Answer Question
    • Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had an irrate client/customer and how you dealth with it, if you haven't how would you deal with one?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite day of the week?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

- The entire process was fairly quick, only taking about one month from the initial interview to an offer.
    - The interview process was straightforward. Scheduling for phone and in-person interviews was easy. Flexible dates and times were provided.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better fit for this position than any other candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral. Asked about my organization skills, my preferences of work area, if I was willing to travel. They asked where I had done my research on the company. The interviewer also highlighted that he wanted it to be more of a conversation vs. just one of us talking.

Interview Questions

• With so many deadlines, how do you keep them straight and organized?   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was flown out to their corporate office, all expenses paid for. Interview was from 8 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. Throughout the duration of the interview I met several of the engineers who were currently working for them. I was taken out to lunch by some of the new engineers to get to know them and ask questions about their experience. Every aspect of the interview was very well planned and organized.