FM Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview - informal, getting to know you
    2. one-on-one interview with the hiring manager - this one was 45 mins talking to the interviewer and then a 30 min test and essay
    3. in house interview - I haven't gone yet

Haven't gotten an offer since I didn't do the third interview.
    I was invited to the in house interview, but I didn't go to it yet.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral questions like name a time where you persuaded someone or name a time that you work on yourself.   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

I interviewed after an on campus career fair. This interview was more of a get to know you/see if you're a good fit for the job.

I was then invited to interview at one of their locations. This interview was more in depth, I interviewed with multiple people. You will need to provide a writing sample, the prompt was very easy, nothing to be stressed about. Be prepared for many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The offer was a lot more than I was being offered elsewhere, so it worked out great.

Loss Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FM Global (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Formal interviews with multiple people that took one day. Very corporate with approvals needed from corporate for many items. A concencus is needed for hiring, however, one upper management perceived unfavorable mark will kill the opportunity. Good interviewers probing the necessary skills for job success. Tools and training will be provided to ensure your success. Great internal environment and relationships between peers. Great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• what obstacles would you have on this role.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

This was a mock interview. The interviewer was very friendly, and the interview felt conversational. He started off by asking me why I chose FM Global--he wanted to see if I knew what made FM Global different and better than its competitors. He also asked me what I knew about the field engineering position, and explained anything I didn't know, providing many anecdotes. He asked me one or two behavioral questions. I didn't get any questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a group that you didn't like? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FM Global (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

There were three people in front of me at the table, one of which had the position I was interviewing for. It lasted about half an hour with part of the questions being personality questions. The other questions were about work experience and handling situations. All three people were very nice and seemed interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a customer problem in the past?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process took verylong (it was done through and employment agency) it took about 15-20 days for the whole thing. The interview process consisted of:

a. Excel exam before the phone interview
    b. word exam before the phone interview
    c. Phone Interview
    d. In-person Interview
    e. If you pass the first In-person Interview....
    f. they make you go back for a 2nd in-person interview where they make you do the following tests:
           1. a work style assessment
           2. a personal essay
           3. a math exam with algebra, fractions, decimals and mathematical questions
           4. and another Microsoft excel exam (they made me reproduce a live report that they produce for one of their clients)

the employment agency did a great job in keeping me informed of my test results and feedback.... and in all 6 exams I took.... I passed all of them ( I even found errors on the live excel exam that they wanted me to reproduce and I told the manager of the all the errors that I found...she even acknowledge the fact that I caught on to those mistakes and she then gave me new instructions to finish the excel report)

At this point, the employment agency was 98% sure that I was the top candidate, we even started the on-boarding process and FM Global kept on telling the agency that I was the top candidate...... finally right before the holidays the employment agency calls me and says the following: "they cannot hire you because you don't speak English" I am in shock!!!!! and they employment agency person was so sweet and candid when she tells me this... this person was in Shock too!!! she kept on apologizing to me for the bad experience I had with that company.

That is language DISCRIMINATION. After going 3 different times, passing all the exams with a high scores and being interviewed by 3 different people.... AND then to be turned away by being told that I don't speak English left a really bad taste in my mouth about the company.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Mostly behavioral, met with an HR representative and a software engineer. Went over my resume and asked questions about projects that I've worked on. The software engineer spoke about his role in the company and some projects he's worked on. They also inquired about my hobbies and whatnot. It was very casual and conversational, which I am fine with. No technical questions, although they did ask to elaborate on some technical aspects of my projects and classes I've taken at college.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this database over another for your project?   Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Signed up through school career board, and was invited for an interview. There were two parts, one part was more of behavior questions kind, and the other was a personality profile. The personality profile was about 20-30 minutes long, and it asked to choose words that people use to describe you, and what words do you think you are, and one essay type question.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to locate?
      How did you get to choose your major?
      Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FM Global in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University for the Walnut Creek office. The interviewer seemed like he was a bit tired and like he was listing off items/conversation topics he had been repeating all day. By the end of the conversation he couldn't remember what he had discussed with me and what he had discussed with the last candidate. He didn't seem entirely interested in what I had to offer. He spoke a lot and didn't make it very easy to contribute to the conversation, and I am a very communicative and outgoing person. He said to e-mail him if I was interested and they wouldn't get back to candidates with a request for second interviews until late January or February, and this was in October. We spoke a bit about my resume and previous work experience.

I don't know if I'll have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about your previous internships and tell me about them?   Answer Question
    • What have been your favorite and least favorite courses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FM Global (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

It began with an on campus interview. I heard back a few weeks later to schedule an on site interview. The onsite interview lasted all day and I talked with about 10 different people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to confront someone you were working with   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to sell something to someone they weren't sure about   Answer Question
    • What types of things do you do outside of school/ work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable