FM Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.8

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

For this interview I met the company at a career fair and became very interested in their work. I applied online. The application was very easy but super thorough. About a week later I received an interview request, and then FM Global came to campus for a day for the interviews.

Consultant Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus interview. Got invited to site about a week later. Day started off with 3 rounds of interviews with groups of managers, all asking a certain question with specific examples. Then you broke for lunch with location manager. After that we had the opportunity to meet a relatively new engineer to ask questions, had to make a presentation on one of the topics on the FM Global website (such as flash points or dry systems) in front of all the managers you interviewed with. There was also a personality test you had to take prior to going to the interview.
    I think I made some stumbles not answering their questions directly or giving stretched answers to some of their questions as opposed to being direct.

I heard back after 3 weeks that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific time when you had to persist
      Give a specific example when you had to give one up for the team   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FM Global (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a call soon after applying. A very professional and informative staff member reached out to me to set up an interview. The place was beautiful, and the interviewer was very professional as well. I answered questions and had a great conversation. I was given an offer soon after. Great experience with genuinely supportive people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with one manager then an in office interview with multiple managers. They flew me in and out and paid for everything. It was relatively casual but long.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to make a decision when you didn't have all the necessary information?   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FM Global (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview - informal, getting to know you
    2. one-on-one interview with the hiring manager - this one was 45 mins talking to the interviewer and then a 30 min test and essay
    3. in house interview - I haven't gone yet

Haven't gotten an offer since I didn't do the third interview.
    I was invited to the in house interview, but I didn't go to it yet.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral questions like name a time where you persuaded someone or name a time that you work on yourself.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

I interviewed after an on campus career fair. This interview was more of a get to know you/see if you're a good fit for the job.

I was then invited to interview at one of their locations. This interview was more in depth, I interviewed with multiple people. You will need to provide a writing sample, the prompt was very easy, nothing to be stressed about. Be prepared for many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The offer was a lot more than I was being offered elsewhere, so it worked out great.

Loss Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FM Global (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Formal interviews with multiple people that took one day. Very corporate with approvals needed from corporate for many items. A concencus is needed for hiring, however, one upper management perceived unfavorable mark will kill the opportunity. Good interviewers probing the necessary skills for job success. Tools and training will be provided to ensure your success. Great internal environment and relationships between peers. Great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• what obstacles would you have on this role.   1 Answer

IS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FM Global in April 2016.

Interview

It was a formal interview with direct manager, a senior manager and another senior team member. This was a group/panel type interview that began with a brief summary of the what the role entailed. Subsequently, I was asked to describe my last two roles and what my responsibilities where. This was followed by questions from the hiring manager and then questions from the other interviewers in the room. The last 5 minutes was dedicated to question and answer session where I was given the opportunity to ask questions. I was told I will hear back from them after they have concluded their interview process.
    I got a call from my recruiter 2 days later that the job was offered to me and I gladly accepted and stated two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What experience/skills/strengths that set me apart from other candidates.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

This was a mock interview. The interviewer was very friendly, and the interview felt conversational. He started off by asking me why I chose FM Global--he wanted to see if I knew what made FM Global different and better than its competitors. He also asked me what I knew about the field engineering position, and explained anything I didn't know, providing many anecdotes. He asked me one or two behavioral questions. I didn't get any questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a group that you didn't like? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FM Global (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

There were three people in front of me at the table, one of which had the position I was interviewing for. It lasted about half an hour with part of the questions being personality questions. The other questions were about work experience and handling situations. All three people were very nice and seemed interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a customer problem in the past?   Answer Question