FMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had to screening interviews, one with human resources, then one with the hiring manager. I was then brought in for an interview on site with five different people of the five another interview with HR another interview with the hiring manager and three people that I would support. Interview was very Basic, and to a certain extent there was no need to spend four hours talking to five different people.

Although FMC believes the purchase of DuPont agrochemicals will help them, right now they are scattered, under staffed and may lose those that don't want to work 10-12 hour days

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues with working in center city Philadelphia?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FMC (Wyoming, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer seemed too busy with normal operations to put much effort into the interview. Was given a brief tour of the lab, then was instructed to ask the on shift tech any questions about the lab, while the interviewer left to chat down the hall. Left a poor taste in my mouth afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in a wet chemistry lab?   1 Answer

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Middleport, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Was a four person interview with some of the plant staff, at once. Was pretty much asked things regarding my resume. Much of it was behavioral based, and I did my best to relate my answers to things on my resume. Interviewers were mostly all engineers and/or operations workers and managers. Had a phone screening with corporate HR, followed by a short phone interview with the plant manager and finally, the in person interview. It was very relaxed however I felt I fell short of coneying my experience and passion for engineering to make myself a worthwhile candidate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I did not really enjoy it. They basically just had me run through all of the points on my resume and expand as much as I wanted. They would interrupt me if they had any questions that I didn't touch on. That was a majority of the interview and I feel like there was so much more to me than activities listed on my resume.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I first heard from a recruiter who was brought in to fill some positions on a contract basis. We discussed the role and salary and he arranged a half day of interviews with the hiring manager, HR, and a couple of people that would be considered Peers to the role that I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you applying for a position that is a lower level than your recent experience.   1 Answer

Personnel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FMC (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Had to reapply after being laid off when business was sold. Talked about consulting for them, but they decided to go in a different direction that I was not comfortable or in agreement.

Interview Questions

FMC Response

Feb 15, 2016 – Human Resource Director

FMC Corporation does not have a location in Milwaukee, WI. This may perhaps be an FMC Technologies review posted to the FMC Corp page in error

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FMC.

Interview

Applied on the website and received a e-mail a month later to set-up the interview with the hiring manager. I was qualified to do the job and had experience working with all the members of the team however, the hiring manager asked me if I wanted to remove my name from the candidate list because he thought I was only applying to get a boost in pay.

Another candidate had already been identified so the manager just went through the motions.

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green River, WY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC (Green River, WY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 day interview comprising of 6 individual interviews with Department heads and HR. Professional interview with a grand tour of the facility. Very difficult and physically/mentally exhausting interviews, but professional. Ultimately they are looking for a purple dinosaur. There was an issue with one member being prejudicial against prior career military. It manifested during the interview and my executive recruiter had tipped me off beforehand. Ultimately, I may never have had a chance. I addressed the concern - a false stereotype that career military don't deal with civilians. (couldn't be further from the truth). I really don't know what they were looking for. I thought I nailed it all. Good luck with them, - their loss. I really wanted to work for them. Some of the interview sessions were rushed and I simply did not have the time to address all of their possible questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process change you made to incorporate improvement.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FMC (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Call interview and then on-site interview. I just remember a young gentleman interviewed me for the position and really did not ask questions to sell myself. He didn't seem like he had much of a personality or would be pleasant to work with. I didn't really enjoy it too much and really did not think too great of the process itself. The receptionist was rude, the area was not too great, and the company was not professional in following back with me to give me updates.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green River, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC (Green River, WY) in January 2015.

Interview

Met recruiters at career fair and had a first round interview on campus. The recruiters said that they would pass the resumes onto their supervisor. Got a call from the HR Dept setting up an insure interview a few weeks after first interview. Drove to Wyoming and was reimbursed for mileage. Had dinner with two current process engineers to see how well I got along with the workers. Had breakfast with the supervisor and another employee. Had two interviews on site-one technical and one behavioral. Technical one was similar to a test so they could see your thinking as you worked through each process. Typical behavioral questions. Had lunch with all the process engineers on site. They drove me back to town and showed me different areas of town that I had expressed interest in seeing. Did not hear back for eight weeks.