FMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FMC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Procurement Analyst Interview

Interview

3 stage interview process. Very friendly and open, clear about responsibilities and expectations.

Personnel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FMC (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Had to reapply after being laid off when business was sold. Talked about consulting for them, but they decided to go in a different direction that I was not comfortable or in agreement.

Interview Questions

FMC Response

Feb 15, 2016 – Human Resource Director

FMC Corporation does not have a location in Milwaukee, WI. This may perhaps be an FMC Technologies review posted to the FMC Corp page in error

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fine. But the recruiters did not know what they were doing throughout the interviewing process. I was talking with one recruiter than I begin to speak with another regarding the same information from the first interview. I brought it to their attention and it happened two more times.

Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Newry, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

ASKED about myself , my interests ,about the previous work experience etc

Interview Questions

• how would i convince a client   1 Answer
    • what if the cllient isnt ready to purchase the product   1 Answer

culture of the organization wasnt good

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FMC (Wyoming, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer seemed too busy with normal operations to put much effort into the interview. Was given a brief tour of the lab, then was instructed to ask the on shift tech any questions about the lab, while the interviewer left to chat down the hall. Left a poor taste in my mouth afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in a wet chemistry lab?   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FMC (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Spoke briefly with HR who escorted me to hiring manager. We spoke for 25 minutes. He told me about the job. He complimented me on my back ground. He offered to introduce me to the systems group.

Interview Questions

• What kind of background did I have in lasers and system integration.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FMC (Atlanta, GA) in May 2008.

Interview

Polled by 4 different individuals. Seem interested in more statistical computer skills than what I possessed a background. Questions were basic strengths, weaknesses and asked about computer skills in the areas of pivot tables, etc.

Enterprise Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had first round with a SAP logistics technical Lead basic questions and resume walk through.
    Had second round with the applications development manager again basic questions nothing unexpected. All were phone interviews.
    The third round was a HR round with the HR manager.
    Within a week I got a call regarding the job and got an offer by mail within the next few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation above average hourly rate

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FMC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I got this interview with a staffing agency. As per the job posting I had all the qualifications they were looking for and thus qualified for an interview. I thought the interview itself went very well. The right questions were asked that allowed me to explain my strengths and contributions in my last position (and likely this one) fully. There seemed to be very good report with the interviewer and myself. Just when it was coming to a close, (even after I had asked my questions) she said she had one final question for me: What was the culture like at your last job? I simply said it was very laid back and relaxed. The interviewer stated very emphatically that that was what the culture was like here as well and she just loved it. I said something to the effect that I enjoyed that kind of environment as well. In other words, I was lead to believe we were on the same page culturally.
    The next day I get a call from the staffing agency saying that they had some feedback on me. I was told the interviewer felt I had the right skills and experience for the position but didn't think I was a fit culturally! I asked the recruiter if she elaborated and he said no. He also said I wasn't the only candidate that had that feedback.
    Something is definitely amiss with this situation (particularly how the subject of culture was approached). It makes me wonder if there was really any position open at all but then why would a company go through the trouble of doing interviews etc??

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions: Tell me what you did at your last job, what are your strengths etc.   Answer Question

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FMC (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Had two one on one interviews. The first was with the Senior International Treasury Analyst. The second was with the International Treasury Manager. Both interviews were informal and relaxed. Both interviewers asked predominantly behavioral questions.