FMC Technologies Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.7

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Serious review of the job being applied for, including review of technical skills. This included a phone interview and an on-site review of technical skills. Group questioning from different specialties as well. Interview can be in face to face stage one and two, however mine only required one interview on-site.

Interview Questions

• Can you do the technical measurements with confidence now.   1 Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was quite easy. A phone screen from HR, followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a couple of potential team mates. A week later, was brought on-site for a lunch with the hiring manager and a shop tour and a panel interview with the entire team.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

After the initial phone screen, you are asked for a face to face with the hiring manager. If the hiring manager wishes to proceed and depending on the level of position, you are brought in to interview with HR and maybe the CIO. Scheduling and timing for this process takes months, so be patient.

I rated the interview process a negative experience, not because I did not receive an offer, but because of lack of communication. As an applicant, you are left in the dark as to where you are in the process, even though are are on of the top candidates. It makes it difficult as most of us are interviewing with other companies and most are transparent and open about their process and the candidate is more open and transparent about where they are in the interview/hiring process with other companies sometimes.

Part-time Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email within a few days. I set up and interview that lasted 30 minutes. It was more of a conversation than grilling questions. We talked about travel and countries we have been to and would like to go to. I believe it was more of a personality gauge than anything. The next week I received my offer letter and instructions for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      When do you graduate?
      Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Informal meeting with the hiring manager was initiated, job was posted to the career page, Internal application via internal career site, interview meeting was set up by HR, then interview with the manager

Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Straight forward questions. Mainly machine design and Mechanics of materials. The interviewer would explain a scenario and ask that you explain your concerns with the design and how it can be improved. Made me draw it out on the board and go over my thought process. It was easy since I had just gone through senior design and presentations were part of our grade.

Part-time Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The Interview process included two interviews and several unofficial meetings for for foot-in-the-door technique. Google search "foot-in-the-door technique". There was a lot of academic seminars that had acted like interviews and gave the opportunity to meet FMC Technologies Representatives.

...The Second Interview included HR + Group Engineering Manager. At the beginning I was asked standard HR Questions. If you have interviewed before, it is the same process. The last couple of questions, were specifically on engineering and FMC's products. The questions were "what would you do". Be sure to explain your thought process out loud.Don't be shy.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions Every Engineer should know. (i.e. Statics, Thermodynamics, Materials, Engineering Economics)   1 Answer
    • Standard HR Questions (i.e. search Google for these)   1 Answer

Subsea Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Contacted by phone from contractor that worked in house as a recruiter for FMC. An application emailed filled out sent back. Called in for an interview three panel person. Went on tour of facility with about 50 others in various positions had lunch two days of learning history and some benefit information. Letter of Offer sent in email went through apprenticeship basically self guided until it was discovered groups formed armed with answers and only used half a day but paid for full day. Finally went through all required rotations in bay and one 2 week off site job. Went before review board to answer questions then assigned my temporary job returned after 8 months of rotation to permanent position and rotation but it was another training and acceptance in the right click to be assigned true permanent rotational job.

Interview Questions

• Did you locate the resources to get trough apprenticeship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I had been working fro FMC Technologies as a temp thru Accountemps from 12/2011 till they made me a permanent employee 9/2//2014 and then the company downsized due to the oil economy and many were laid off. the manager of FMC Jeff Gallagher had actually requested I apply for the position and advised which position level I should apply for with my extensive experience.

Interview Questions

• If I was happy with the salary that I had been offered?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none I was told by Jeff what the position pay was , when he advised me to apply for the position!

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with accounting manager. Very professional. Straightforward, no-nonsense. All business. Talked about my current position. Nice building, spacious cubicles. Seemed an environment that nurtured people; but at same time very technical. Lots of flow charts on the white board.