FOLIOfn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FOLIOfn Interview Questions

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Interview

HR initially phone screens applicants. There was a second phone screen with one of hiring managers prior to the office visit. The onsite interviews a collection of junior and senior professionals. Each interview is conducted 1:1. Only one senior interviewer asked detailed product management questions. The others seemed to focus more on a culture fit. The overall turnaround time was fairly quick.

Tips/Notes
    1) The firm plays in multiple areas. They're a self clearing broker, but also offer an advisory API and robo-advising services. It's a good idea to be familiar with how they participate in the marketplace. They certainly try to innovate.
    2) Sign up for a free trial and review the platform, but don't expect UI/UX questions. They mentioned that the UX needs to be enhanced.
    3) For the product management questions: prepare by gathering and running through common questions from quora.
    4) Don't mention competitors. This visibly angered the interviewer.
    5) All interviewers repeatedly mention that the founder is deeply involved in dictating the product roadmap. His goal is to innovate to the benefit of the investor, however, that may not align with making products that are profitable. The product management team must spend time to determine how new products or enhancements must be molded to increase revenue. I was told that the firm could be more profitable but chooses not to be and there's no expectation that new innovations will increase profits.

In hindsight, I didn't adequately prepare and wasn't ready to answer basic PM questions.

Interview Questions

• Screen
      Q: What do you know about us?
      Q: What are you doing at ____ right now?
      Q: Why are you looking?
      Q: What are you looking for in terms of compensation?

Onsite
      Q: Do you invest?
      Q: Tell me about yourself and what you're currently doing at _______.
      Q: How do you manage products?
      Q: How do you decide what to build next?
      Q: How do you get gather feedback from users?
      Q: What do you think about our product?   Answer Question

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FOLIOfn (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Happened very quickly - applied online through LinkedIn, got a call the next day from the recruiter, and had my phone interview scheduled with the hiring VP a few days later. Was invited to come in person and met with 5 additional senior members of the leadership team, including the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what your design process is?   2 Answers

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FOLIOfn (McLean, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Is a very lengthy and involve about 8 people to interview. it takes almost 4hours and no doubt people are very nice to me in the interview process. However the decision making is rather subjective at oleast to me, that the prefer a designer who can have finance background.

Interview Questions

• The question is not that tricky, i could answer most of them   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOLIOfn in September 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the recruiter and the head of the division. Then in-person interviews with Dept head, Manager and team member. They were all very friendly and very informative about the role. Asked general questions about my previous role and why I was looking to move. Seemed like an open and cool type of place.

Interview Questions

• Why are looking to leave your current organization? Where do you want to go from this role?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FOLIOfn (McLean, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very confusing and disorganized process. Most of the folks that I spoke with spent much of their time talking in code about their difficult environment, culture and CEO. It was mentioned that they had turned over their CCO, VP of Service, CFO, CMO , CTO, etc. and other key positions.

Interview Questions

• Assume that you have joined a company that is being run by a difficult CEO that does not support financial discipline, departmental budgets or any standard use of business metrics -"How would you proceed and give an example of how you overcame these challenges before?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Interview

Very smooth, nice interview process. HR staff was very helpful.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FOLIOfn (McLean, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online through my schools college career website. A few weeks later I was called back by a recruiter and given more information about the position. I then was scheduled for a brief phone interview, it lasted for about 20 minutes. A days later I was invited to come to the office where I had four separate 1:1 interviews with the highest ranking officers of the company. The interview was almost entirely fit with very little technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations