FOX News Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Despite its political reputation among some people, Fox is a wonderful place to intern. The opportunities are boundless, HR makes us feel welcome and is always available to help with resumes or answer any other questions. Lots of flexibility with moving around different departments.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FOX News

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I received an email for a video interview and a few days later I had a phone interview with HR. I was offered the position a few months later.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I was asked a series of questions about television production, reporting, writing and editing, and a whole slew of other questions regarding the media. the entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What kind of content would you pitch on Fox and Friends?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the internship at FOX through their website. About two weeks later, I was sent a prompt to complete a webcam interview within a week. The interview asked two questions and you had 1 minute to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. After I sent that in, I had a phone interview and was asked basically the same questions. I did not receive an offer after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online because I was interested in the company. I had to write a cover letter for the position and submit my resume, then they contacted me. I had a one way interview via web camera where they only asked 3 questions. The position I applied for was very broad but I mentioned I would prefer a finance internship.

Interview Questions

• Give an elevator pitch for a new technological advancement that you support.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed a recorded video interview a few weeks after applying. Waited another month to set up a phone interview. Was told by interviewer I would get a response in 3 weeks, waited over 3 months. Recruiters wouldn't answer my emails or give me updates in the 3 month wait. Very unprofessional, won't ever bother applying again. Disgusted with this company.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you've faced in college and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Asked me what my hobbies where and what I wanted out of the experience. I told them that I enjoyed sports and the news and then they asked me about my college courses and grades. Hired on the spot

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

The process was from October to end March. I applied online for the college program in DC and New York. I had an on campus interview with a younger man because the woman who was in charge over scheduled interviews and needed help. Interview with him was very easy, said I clearly knew the company and we talked about my Media Literacy class. Interview ended and said since I was only a freshman I may be an alternate because they rarely take Freshman, but he liked me and if I didn't get it to apply again. Said I would hear back in a couple weeks or up until April. Then in December I was contacted for a phone interview with the woman who is in charge of all of it. She called earlier than she originally said and just asked if I was still interested in Fox and which location I would prefer. Said I would be given a yes or no by the end of January. On December 29th she emailed me paper work to fill out for the company to become an employee. Did not hear anything back for a couple of months after even when I reached out. At the end of march I was emailed I did not get it.
    I am not bitter, I will apply next year. They just have a big applicant pool and seems like they do not hire younger kids normally.

Interview Questions

• Favorite reporter, why fox, just any questions to see if you are familiar with the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a single phone call interview. I also corresponded with the recruiter over email before and after the interview and had attended a intro session at my university where the recruiters skyped in to speak about the program.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY).

Interview

Very detailed and long process- went through five different interviews. The process is very lengthy and competitive. You interview up the ladder as well meeting with coordinators to publicists to VP's of the company.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with crisis mainly within the breaking news atmosphere   Answer Question