FRHI Hotels & Resorts Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FRHI Hotels & Resorts Administration Interview Questions

Administration Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts in March 2010.

Interview

First, you send off your application. I highly advise including a cover letter and references.
** Be prepared for this job process to take about 1.5- 2 months. It's not McDonalds and you won't be working for them within 2 weeks -- it takes a looooonng time to start working, so be very sure you want to work for them.

Within a few days, you'll get an email giving you a link for a personality test. It's very straighforward and takes a short amount of time. A few weeks after that, you'll get your first call to set up the first interview within the week. During the first interview, they ask the standard questions like:

1) Why do you want to work here?
2) How did you come by the job ad?
3) Your last job was [insert last job title] and it's vastly different from the tourism industry. Why work here?
4) How long do you plan to stay? Why?
5) Is there anything that could you back from taking this job? (commitments)
6) (you may get a definition question) What does customer service mean to you?

Then, you get about 3 behavioural questions -- what would you do if this and this happened...etc etc. They finish off the interview with reviewing your references. I highly advise having 3 solid non-personal references because they WILL be called. Guaranteed. At the end of this call, they'll let you know if you passed -- onto the 2nd interview now!

A week or so after this, you get the call for the second interview. It will be with someone different...the questions are more in depth so be prepared and know EXACTLY what you did in your last jobs because you should answer the questions with examples from your life. Don't give generic answers because they'll just prod you for a more in depth answer or question your answer.

1) Why do you want to work here?
2) How did your schooling/last job prepare you for this job?
3) Why should we hire you?
4) What will you be expecting from us?
5) What type of work environment would make you efficient? What makes a company inefficient?
6) Do you like working in groups or individually?
7) What's your communication style?
8) How have you been creative in your last job? How do you deal with a messy work environment?
9) How would your last coworkers describe you?
10) How flexible are you? How would you deal with doing a different job one day as a fill-in?

These questions are phrased somewhat generically but they are very close to what I was asked.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are included in the interview process section   1 Answer