FRHI Hotels & Resorts Housekeeper (Part-time) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Housekeeper (Part-time)

FRHI Hotels & Resorts Housekeeper (Part-time) Interview Questions

Housekeeper (Part-time) Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts in June 2011.

Interview

I went into the HR department at my local Fairmont (call the hotel beforehand because there may be a set time during the day when you are allowed to do this). Also definitely go in over just applying online because I'd previously applied online and never heard back. So I went in to hand in my resume and cover letter and the woman at HR asked me which position I was applying for. She looked over my resume very quickly to see if I was qualified and also asked if I spoke French (not mandatory for this position but certainly a bonus for the company). She then gave me a card which had a website for the online behavioural questionnaire which I completed that night at home. This questionnaire is mainly to see if you fit the culture of the organization and have specific qualities they've found their successful (housekeepers) to have. You won't know how you did after. They called me back a few days later to confirm that I wanted to work part-time, spoke French, didn't have any previous summer plans, wasn't going back to school or moving in the fall, didn't have any other commitments, etc. The next day the head of the department called to set up an interview for a couple days later. The interview with the head was very easy and relaxed. Bring your references to this and make sure they're good because they WILL call them all if they're interested in you. A couple days after that they called back set up a second interview with someone in the HR department. This interview was also very short (each about 30 mins) and relaxed but he asked a few more questions. At the end of the interview he offered me the job and got me start filling out some paperwork. I didn't start for a couple weeks after that because they still have to run a criminal record check.

Interview Questions

• If there was a child staying in the room and had some stuffed animals, what could you do with them?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about your job last summer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating hourly wages, everyone is paid the same but very well.