FSG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FSG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The first interview was a 30 min phone call that included a short simple case (how would you go about prioritizing/gathering info, etc.)
    The second included 2 back to back hour long video conference interviews: 1 behavioral interview (w/ questions about FSG's theories of practice) & 1 case interview
    The third was in person and included an informal get-to-know you lunch interview, 2 written cases, and a presentation.

The third interview was a very long process. My "in person" cases were actually via video conference - i was given large ppt presentations of data... then the interviewers introduced the case, hung up for 45 min, and got back on the call to hear the final recommendations (which made it impossible to ask questions). I asked one of the interviewers for feedback after a case and she responded that they "were not allowed to give feedback"

Overall, everyone was very nice - but I wish that FSG provided some info about what they were looking for in the cases (especially the written cases, whereas other companies usually provide guidance, samples, etc.).
    As someone who was new to consulting cases, it would have been very appreciated, especially after getting to round 3

Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FSG (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back after about a week and a half. The interview process consisted of one phone interviews, one Skype interview and an in person interview. The first interview was rather straightforward as a standard phone interview with personality questions and your understanding of the firm's work, ideas and your work experience followed by a short case study demonstrating the type of work they do. The second interview was another two part interview exploring your professional experience more in depth and seeing how well you'd fit with the firm. The second part is a more in depth case interview similar to the previous one. The in person interview is an all day interview where you give a presentation on previous work, do two case interviews, and another professional experience interview.

The presentation has very clear guidelines and the people I presented too were very nice and encouraging. The case studies follow the same format as typical consulting interviews but are heavily focused on their work. I recommend you have a strong understanding of their ideas and how they do consulting. Other than that, everyone is really nice and encouraging!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, salaries are standardized for the position.