FTD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTD.

Interview

The interview process took several hours, with various team members throughout the day. More of a company culture / personal fit type of interview, with some technical questions around web development peppered in. Catered lunch was provided as part of the interview.

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTD (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviews in San Diego are generally a two-step process: one on the phone in which you answer a ton of SQL, C#, .Net and behavioral questions, one in person, a five- to six-hour in-house ordeal in which you are bombarded with questions, some meaningless, from a different set of two to three individuals every hour. This process is generally a waste of time. Any phone screener can determine a match in a matter of moments. There is no need to put anyone through a five-hour inquisition unless you are scared to take responsibility for hiring someone and just want to spread the blame should you make a bad decision. Perhaps the process fosters in-house teamwork, provides some status and gives people a break from daily coding regiment. It is physically and psychologically difficult on candidates, it is so rushed and there are so many screeners, it is impossible to develop any rapport with anyone. Interviewers are quick to cut off any answers of more than 3 sentences because apparently they have a ridiculously long list of questions to ask in the time allotted.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it? Asked this question separately by four out of five groups.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FTD (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

a brief tour then you interview take a skills test. the test is three parts. after that you wait get your test result. the person will then let you know if you have a job offer

Interview Questions

• how do i handle upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTD (Downers Grove, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview wasn't really an interview. You take a typing, spelling, & grammar test. If you pass those test, then you will get a job offer. If your background comes back clean, then you will keep the job.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FTD (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1st there is a phone screen from HR, then a week later I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Took the exam a few days later, then they brought me in for a full day interview panel (6 people). My 1st interview of the day was 15 minutes late, and didn't seem to care that I was there. The others were very nice. All of this took about 3 weeks. I was really excited about the position at this point. They then had me fill out the online application, and give them 3-5 of my professional references. HR didn't follow up with me during the next 4 weeks. I was following up weekly. I ended up not getting the position, but felt that they really strung me along during the month following my interview, by saying things like, "if we were to offer you X, then would you accept the offer?" I also felt that they shouldn't have asked me for my references if they weren't planning on hiring me. I actually wanted to work here and thought I could add a lot of value, despite all of the negative feedback I've received from ex-employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Fair interview and process. I got the job through my agency. Did a typing test for accuracy, not speed, and to check for grammar. Asked about any prior customer service experience.

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTD (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with an agency and took a couple of tests (typing and data entry). Worked seasonally for a year before call center was reopened. Hired as a core rep at that time.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FTD (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very detailed. I met with 5 employees who all asked situational questions. They were all very nice and thorough. They provided me with lunch and coffee/water and I was there for at least a few hours. Manager was awesome and the Recruiter / HR Coordinator were very helpful and organized. They sent me an agenda of who I would be meeting with so I had time to look those employees up on LinkedIn and get an idea of what I was walking into.
    Overall, it was a long interview but I appreciated the time and effort. I also got a tour from the recruiter and learned a lot of about the company and was able to see the gym, training rooms, volleyball/basketball court, game room, call center, break rooms, etc...

Interview Questions

• situational questions like "tell me about a time you made a mistake"   Answer Question

Vice President Finance and Accounting (SAN Diego) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTD (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview....Interviewer seemed to be "going through the motions" and not really engaged from the beginning. She started the call with we only have 15 minutes...I did my pitch in 5. Why waste my time given the level of dis-interest from the beginning. Very unprofessional and a total waste of my pre-prep time. Unfortunate that HR, during an interview, can be so unsophisticated and pretentious at the same time.

Anonymous Employee in Centerbrook, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTD (Centerbrook, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call, and met with HR within one week. I went in and did an assesment skill test on the computer. I was asked about customer service and availability. The woman I met with was very pleasant.