FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Questions had nothing to do with the position. Interviewer seemed rushed from the start- which made me feel uneasy. I wasn't even asked if I had any questions at the end of the interview. Very disappointed, especially after preparing for hours the day before. If all their employee's are as miserable as the interviewer seemed, I'd rather not work for FTI.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied via a public posting, and was contacted three weeks later. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I found that I was rejected due to a lack of experience in a certain area, which I did have experience in. When I asked for clarification they claimed I just did not explicitly say it.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what I did, what type of experience I had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email shortly after setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was typical HR interview. Then received email to schedule phone interview with one of the heads of the firm. Interview was behavioral and informative. Shortly after scheduled in person interview. Met with 4 people in the firm talked about my work experiences etc. Then had another phone interview with another head of the firm a few days later.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services office and participated in an on campus interview. There were mostly behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume. They were interested in experiences I had working with data, teamwork, and problem solving.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus with FTI Consulting. The interview was nothing special, but I had a very engaging conversation with my interviewer. She asked me to go through my resume with her and then asked a series of behavioral questions. It was particularly interesting because she had only been with the company for about a month and a half, and had just left Deloitte for FTI.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Behavioral questions with case study depending on which practice group you are applying to; general questions about your background and experience followed by a group case study. You have to do a group presentation with your teammates who are also interviewing for the same position. The interviewers will then ask a few questions based on the content of the presentation. Some simple calculations may be required.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

Applied at university and was asked to return a few months after being rejected the first time and went through 3 phone interviews. After the phone interviews, I was asked to come to the office for 3 interviews that were mainly behavioral, but one was fairly technical. I then participated in a group case study with other applicants where we were given an allotted time to come up with a solution when given data and information about a company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a second round interview about a week and a half after my first interview. I went into the office for 4, 30 minutes interviews. They were very straight forward and wanted to make sure I understood the job description and was fit for it.