FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied via a public posting, and was contacted three weeks later. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I found that I was rejected due to a lack of experience in a certain area, which I did have experience in. When I asked for clarification they claimed I just did not explicitly say it.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what I did, what type of experience I had.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email shortly after setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was typical HR interview. Then received email to schedule phone interview with one of the heads of the firm. Interview was behavioral and informative. Shortly after scheduled in person interview. Met with 4 people in the firm talked about my work experiences etc. Then had another phone interview with another head of the firm a few days later.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Resume was drop through college career service. Within one week the interview date was setup. Then, the week after that superday was setup. Very efficient and friendly process. First interview consist of behavior and a little technical but very basic. Superday consist of meeting consultants and senior consultants then director.

Interview Questions

• How would you gain a higher market size? How would you improve operation margin?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services office and participated in an on campus interview. There were mostly behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume. They were interested in experiences I had working with data, teamwork, and problem solving.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus with FTI Consulting. The interview was nothing special, but I had a very engaging conversation with my interviewer. She asked me to go through my resume with her and then asked a series of behavioral questions. It was particularly interesting because she had only been with the company for about a month and a half, and had just left Deloitte for FTI.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Behavioral questions with case study depending on which practice group you are applying to; general questions about your background and experience followed by a group case study. You have to do a group presentation with your teammates who are also interviewing for the same position. The interviewers will then ask a few questions based on the content of the presentation. Some simple calculations may be required.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

Applied at university and was asked to return a few months after being rejected the first time and went through 3 phone interviews. After the phone interviews, I was asked to come to the office for 3 interviews that were mainly behavioral, but one was fairly technical. I then participated in a group case study with other applicants where we were given an allotted time to come up with a solution when given data and information about a company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a second round interview about a week and a half after my first interview. I went into the office for 4, 30 minutes interviews. They were very straight forward and wanted to make sure I understood the job description and was fit for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Not too hard. I interviewed with three managing directors all about a half hour to forty-five minutes in length. Asked basic questions like how does your education/experience prepare you for this role? A number of questions revolved around excel and math skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute on-campus interview. If selected, the candidate then moves onto the office interviews. The office interview was 3-4 hours long and included a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Some technical questions about financial statements.   Answer Question