FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Questions had nothing to do with the position. Interviewer seemed rushed from the start- which made me feel uneasy. I wasn't even asked if I had any questions at the end of the interview. Very disappointed, especially after preparing for hours the day before. If all their employee's are as miserable as the interviewer seemed, I'd rather not work for FTI.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied via a public posting, and was contacted three weeks later. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I found that I was rejected due to a lack of experience in a certain area, which I did have experience in. When I asked for clarification they claimed I just did not explicitly say it.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what I did, what type of experience I had.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services office and participated in an on campus interview. There were mostly behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume. They were interested in experiences I had working with data, teamwork, and problem solving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Not too hard. I interviewed with three managing directors all about a half hour to forty-five minutes in length. Asked basic questions like how does your education/experience prepare you for this role? A number of questions revolved around excel and math skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute on-campus interview. If selected, the candidate then moves onto the office interviews. The office interview was 3-4 hours long and included a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Some technical questions about financial statements.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2015.

Interview

Most of the people I interviewed with were friendly and engaging. I was contacted via LinkedIn based on skills present on my profile, and met with the person contacting me. First round was just a basic behavioral meeting.

Second round was a case interview which on the whole was not too difficult, just sifting through a lot of data and telling a story with the information to interviewers.

The third round, after being called back post-case interview, was overall a negative experience. I believed that since I had been through the case interview and had been called back that the rest of the interview process would be goodness of fit. The third round felt like a first round interview; lots of questioning my choice to interview with the company - overall, it felt negative and unprofessional. Furthermore, I had been contacted by them to begin with, so the way I see it, we needed to both decide we would want to work together.

Then, on top of all of this, two weeks later, after having officially applied online, I was notified by their email subsystem that I 'would no longer be considered for the position.' Thinking this was strange, I contacted the employee who had made initial contact with me, and they told me that they had not made a decision and that this email was a mistake. Since contacting that person about the email, I have yet to hear anything from them.

Overall, I am surprised at the hiccups along the way in this process. From what I have read on Glassdoor, most have not experienced this type of process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not want to use either of your degrees in your career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview that was around 45 minutes or so. The interviewer basically went through my resume and asked me about a lot of my experiences, why I wanted to apply to FTI consulting, what other jobs I was applying to, etc. The whole interview process was relaxed and there weren't many technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer went through my transcript and asked me why I got Bs in the classes that I did.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question