FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.9

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Three "phases:" On campus interview, pre super day happy hour, actual super day. A combination of behavioral and technical questions, although the technical questions were not a full blown case study or full on financial technical interview. Interviewers were friendly, prepared, and would all later on be future colleagues in one capacity or another.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Questions had nothing to do with the position. Interviewer seemed rushed from the start- which made me feel uneasy. I wasn't even asked if I had any questions at the end of the interview. Very disappointed, especially after preparing for hours the day before. If all their employee's are as miserable as the interviewer seemed, I'd rather not work for FTI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and was invited for the first stage assessment day at their office. Had 3 tests; numerical, written and group exercise. An informal lunch between the written test and group exercise which gives you an opportunity to meet the team. Numerical test is pretty standard and the written test is summarising an article.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received the interview three days after a telephone interview. There were two interviewers. Both were kind. The interview included mostly behaviour questions. The interviewers were interested in knowing my past work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a great talk with their senior consultant. The phone interview lasted for about an hour asking your interest with the company, your past experiences, backgrounds and future plans. Overall, I enjoyed the call because the interviewer was nice and easy going. I was a little bit nervous but he told me to relax all the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences in ...
      I saw you had projects in ..
      what do you know about FTI?
      What is your career plan for the next five years?..   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning test.Each test is for 30 minutes and you have to be quick to complete the test. Numerical reasoning test includes ratios, proportions and interpretation of graphs and charts. The test is followed by an hour of face to face interview - covers CV and competency based questions. The second round includes a 90 minute case study followed by a discussion with a Director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute on-campus interview. If selected, the candidate then moves onto the office interviews. The office interview was 3-4 hours long and included a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Some technical questions about financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Very long process as there are many rounds of interviews but the questions are straightforward and reasonable. You are likely to meet with all levels if you are a junior applicant, so you have an opportunity to speak to peers as well as those who you will report to. The interviewers tend to really focus on how your skill set and past experiences make you a good fit for the position. You shouldn't expect to get any of those pointless personality questions like "if you were a crayon, which color would you be?" Typically, if the team thinks you're a good fit, you'll know pretty soon after your interviews if you've got the job.