FTI Consulting Economic and Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Economic and Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FTI Consulting

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Test and Group Exercise. numerical reasoning without calculator - 25 questions in 30 minutes.verbal reasoning - 28 questions in 30 minutes. Then after the group exercise there was a written test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Started with GRE Numerical test. Very very time constraint for this test. The concepts are easy and the test can be done with ease if calculators were allowed, unfortunately it is not. Next up, GMAT style verbal reasoning test, should not be too much of an issue. Then followed by a group project. Need to work fast on that one. 3 different tasks which ends with a presentation. The last of the 4 tests is summarizing a worded document.

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Interview

Assessment centre with numerical, verbal and written test, there were students from about 5-6 top Uk universities. The tests were followed by a group discussion exercise for those who cleared the tests

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Interview

Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
    Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two stages. The first round assessment centre consisted of 4 GMAT-style tests and a group exercise. The tests are relatively standard and can be prepared for with any GMAT textbook. I think it was one non-calculator math test, a logical reasoning test, and a verbal and writing tests. The group exercise involved being split up into groups of 2-3 to prepare a pitch for setting up a lottery business. New information has to be digested under timed conditions and certain solutions discussed. It was important to identify a framework for discussion and have an impact on the course of debate.

The success rate of the first round ac was not high. I think only about 3 people got through out of 16. The second round ac consisted of three stages. The first was a relatively relaxed interview with a junior member of the EFC team. The second stage was a case study where you had to use Excel and Word to assemble a report on valuation of losses to a company. It is quite an elaborate case with lots of data and documents and it is important to find the things they are looking for. I then had to present my findings to an MD, who asked more questions to test my understanding of the case. The final interview was held with a senior MD. He asked rather probing questions and I think intended to test how I held up to certain aggressive or unfamiliar questions/responses.

The decision came 1 week after the second round ac.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about the CFA and ACCA accreditations which FTI Consulting support, and which do you prefer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Questions

• The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was invited to attend the first round interview which comprises two tests (verbal and Maths) and a CV based interview. The tests are difficult. I prepared GMAT style questions for both. However, I found the Maths test is actually more a SHL style - except, you will find time very limited and unable to finish. There are graph reading kind of questions, simple in nature, but also as I mentioned, you would really struggle with time. Verbal is GMAT style, including Verbal reasoning (which answer would weaken the argument kind of question), Reading comprehensive (one very long article with several questions) and Grammar correction (this takes about 1/3 of the total questions). You will find time limited but it's doable to finish all of them.

The CV based interview is very straightforward, you will be asked "tell me about yourself", "have you ever been criticized in working", "how do you like managing people" kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about yourself", "have you ever been criticized in working", "how do you like managing people" kind of questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round written test. Math is like SHL full length practice test. It is so hard to finish all questions in time. The 2nd round is case presentation but I failed to make it.