FTI Consulting Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Intern Interview Questions

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

First they brought about 10 of us into a conference room to give us a run-down of what the company does, what its main product is, and the type of stuff we might be working on. We then took a break to eat lunch with some of the employees and got to know them. Afterwards everyone being interviewed was assigned 2 employees who did the actual "interview" part. Questions were largely behavioral with a couple minor technical questions thrown in. The entire process was pretty easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What kind of workplace environment/atmosphere best works for you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Interview consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions. Asked a lot of questions about past internships and which companies I follow.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the cash-flow-convergence cycle?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied on University career site, got interview as I was initially an alternate. One case interview and one behavioral. The case interview began with requiring you to briefly run through your background and resume. The behavioral interview was basic questions about strengths/weaknesses, how others perceive you.

Interview Questions

• Fast food restaurant has been local market sales leader for 10 years. This past year, two new restaurants came into the market and bumped down your profits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on my school job board. Had a 2 part interview at school, behavioral and technical. Made it to final round in NYC in which I was interviewed by 3 people and had to do a written case.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus first (and only) round interview with two senior members of the firm. The interview was almost exclusively behavioral. The questions were designed to gauge analytical skills and thinking. Offer was extended shortly after the on-campus interview and sufficient time was provided to respond.

Interview Questions

• Take a technical concept that you understand and explain it to me as if I did not know it at all   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for 30 minutes. It was a terrible experience - interviewer showed up late, had not really seen my resume beforehand, wasted time asking arbitrary questions, kept his sunglasses on his forehead. I don't think he had interviewed many people before; had his iPad open and was reading off questions. Lastly, they followed up almost a month later and sent me an email addressed to the wrong person.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about finance. Asked how I would value Disney as a company and what an appropriate annual growth rate is for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two back-to-back behavioral interviews. The process was very simple. I applied through my school's online application center, received an on-campus interview, and had two interviews about 45 minutes each. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had been given data on an investment bank's transactions, what would be your first step in the analysis process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions

• It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that I thought went very well but I was not invited to the super day. It was all behavioral. No technical questions.