FTI Consulting Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Interview Questions

• How do you evaluate a firm with negative equity?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview

Only one fit interview - no cases or technicals. Talked about my previous internships and my accomplishments at school. Very informal and unstructured - much of it was actually informational about FTI. Just be sure to appear articulate and show a logical thought process when talking through your fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most useful trait as an intern?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Though they were not actively recruiting at the time, I sent through my CV and a cover letter and then followed up with a phone call. They admired my tenacity and asked me to come through for an interview. The process just involved an informal conversation with the HR management where I was asked what I understood about the company and my experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions because they all involved fit questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for 30 minutes. It was a terrible experience - interviewer showed up late, had not really seen my resume beforehand, wasted time asking arbitrary questions, kept his sunglasses on his forehead. I don't think he had interviewed many people before; had his iPad open and was reading off questions. Lastly, they followed up almost a month later and sent me an email addressed to the wrong person.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about finance. Asked how I would value Disney as a company and what an appropriate annual growth rate is for them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call with Senior Consultant. Basically he took 50% of the call to explain what the company is about and what types of cases his team worked on. He then asked me about my background. No technical questions were asked, although that may because this was not a technical internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

First they brought about 10 of us into a conference room to give us a run-down of what the company does, what its main product is, and the type of stuff we might be working on. We then took a break to eat lunch with some of the employees and got to know them. Afterwards everyone being interviewed was assigned 2 employees who did the actual "interview" part. Questions were largely behavioral with a couple minor technical questions thrown in. The entire process was pretty easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What kind of workplace environment/atmosphere best works for you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2009.

Interview

It was a general fit interview. There were two representatives in the room, where one took notes and the other asked questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard or difficult questions. The interview consisted of just standard fit type questions about past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Had an initial interview on campus and then a superday at their office. On the superday, I interviewed with 4 different people at different hierarchical levels. Everyone was very nice. No accounting or technical questions. Mostly behavioral and fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question