FTI Consulting Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an assessment day, which involved three tests in the morning - verbal, maths and written - followed by lunch. After lunch, those who passed the test are asked to stay for a CV interview and subsequently, a senior managing director interview.

The verbal test included grammar correction and the maths test was purely mental math - no calculators allowed. We were told that these two were more important than the written test. All three were highly time-pressured.

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

First they brought about 10 of us into a conference room to give us a run-down of what the company does, what its main product is, and the type of stuff we might be working on. We then took a break to eat lunch with some of the employees and got to know them. Afterwards everyone being interviewed was assigned 2 employees who did the actual "interview" part. Questions were largely behavioral with a couple minor technical questions thrown in. The entire process was pretty easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What kind of workplace environment/atmosphere best works for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on my school job board. Had a 2 part interview at school, behavioral and technical. Made it to final round in NYC in which I was interviewed by 3 people and had to do a written case.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting a resume on Linkedin, received an email after few days, an phone interview was arranged. During the phone interview, was asked few questions, introducing yourself, why FTI, etc... After finishing the interview, the interviewee said that feedback and further notice will be given later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call with Senior Consultant. Basically he took 50% of the call to explain what the company is about and what types of cases his team worked on. He then asked me about my background. No technical questions were asked, although that may because this was not a technical internship

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus career website. They interviewed on campus and they got back to me within a week for second rounds. Prior to the on campus interview, FTI hosted a pre-night and a few networking events. Super day consisted of 4 interviews back to back and they just wanted to see your fit within the company. Overall a smooth process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Brussels (Belgium)) in November 2014.

Interview

Video interview with one of other consultants, was very nice and seemed interested in my past work. very good company to work with and once i was hired the people were just as wonderful as the interview itself. great environment. I would work there again in a heart beat.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences and the work i had done and how it could be applied to their company. They also wanted to know what kinds of PR and marketing I had done before which I told them   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Interview consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions. Asked a lot of questions about past internships and which companies I follow.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the cash-flow-convergence cycle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for 30 minutes. It was a terrible experience - interviewer showed up late, had not really seen my resume beforehand, wasted time asking arbitrary questions, kept his sunglasses on his forehead. I don't think he had interviewed many people before; had his iPad open and was reading off questions. Lastly, they followed up almost a month later and sent me an email addressed to the wrong person.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about finance. Asked how I would value Disney as a company and what an appropriate annual growth rate is for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two back-to-back behavioral interviews. The process was very simple. I applied through my school's online application center, received an on-campus interview, and had two interviews about 45 minutes each. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had been given data on an investment bank's transactions, what would be your first step in the analysis process?   Answer Question