FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to their representative at the University of Pittsburgh job fair then received a phone call a few days later. I was brought in with 9 other Interns and they introduced us to their software and split us up for individual interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• What is a class in object oriented programming   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person who couldn't take the time to listen to what I was saying. They interrupted me several times and were very impatient. Highly unprofessional. It made me not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you faced in your last job.   Answer Question

Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Geneva, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview with alumni. Easy-going and relaxing process. Behavioral questions such as how I see leadership, resolve conflicts and group work. And also about my resume. Great experience to know about their company and having an interview.

FEDA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Run through if the resume. Generally nice conversation. Wanted to see if you're fit for the position during first round of interviews. A few technical questions during the second round of interviews in which they took you to there office and passed on a line of constant interviews with particular employers there.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with a mix of basic accounting questions and behavior type questions. The SuperDay occurred a week after my call. The morning consisted of back-to-back behavioral/technical interviews, followed by a group lunch, concluding with a difficult computer assessment.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the younger analysts at a career fair and they referred me for a first round interview. First round interview was 30 mins long on campus. The director of the FEDA group conducts the interviews so that he can see if you're someone he would want to work with. He asked exclusively about the information on my cover letter. The next week they send you a take home case study. The night before the super day interview, you go to a mixer with the company in the city and get to meet all of the FEDA employees. I think they are really looking for fit and how you get along with people on the team. The super day interview consisted of 4 interviews. One about your background/resume, one which is behavioral (and a short technical case study), one that is situational, and the last one is company fit. I didn't end up getting an offer, but I can't say enough good things about the people and the process! They all seem incredibly nice and great to work with. Seems like an awesome company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Case study question was about profits from opening a new in-and-out in the city.   Answer Question

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Through campus recruiting, it was a simple process and application accompanied by a pre-night and then the interview. The interviewer made me feel that I would move on to the next step in the process. Then after two weeks I finally got a reply that they weren't interested.

Director, Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Telephone, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter was easy and focused on background and career transition questions. I had to follow-up and call in as the recruiter was slow to schedule after initial email and then forgot the time we had agreed to. The position and market served was described well. Interviewer said she'd pass my info along to the hiring manager for a phone follow-up interview. Haven't heard back in over a week yet.

Interview Questions

• What restructuring/corporate finance skills are you using in your current position that you would be using at the job you are applying for?   Answer Question