FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2017

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2017.

Interview

30-minute interview on-campus, was really difficult. My interviewer only asked one behavioral question and didn't really seem interested in what I had to say. You have to have your technicals down cold, this felt like an Investment Banking style interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the three main valuation methods?   Answer Question
    • How would you get to finding 13 weeks of cash flows?   Answer Question
    • How are the three financial statements related?   Answer Question
    • If I had an analog watch and the time read 3:00 PM, and I wound the clock forward to 1 hour and 5 minutes, would the angle between the minute and hour hands be the same or not?   2 Answers

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Started off with numerical and verbal reasoning, no calculator allowed. Followed by a group exercise/ role play where you analyse a case study and suggest solutions for the client. The company tend to look for economic analysis and some calculation, similar to project management. Knowledge in Corporate Finance could help.

Interview Questions

• We were given a case that the client wanted to start a plan and had a few investment options available. You need to do an extensive calculation and determine which plan is the most profitable meanwhile satisfying some other social limitations.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview

General interview with a case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at FTI?   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Was under the impression that it would be only a behavioral interview. The first 3-5 minutes of the interview was me giving an overview of who I am and my background. The remaining of the interview was technical questions. The questions felt very much like an investment banking interview. Both individuals were really rude and don't provide feedback on whether or not you are answering the questions appropriately. In addition, they very obviously were putting checks and x's next to the questions that I was getting right and wrong. Overall it was one of the weirdest and least personal interviews of recruiting on-campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is WACC? How do you calculate?   1 Answer
    • How would you value a company? What would show that a company is in distress?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, invited to assessment day, 4 written tests, very hard, time pressured, after the written tests i was essentially told i had not done well enough and to go home

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an assessment day, which involved three tests in the morning - verbal, maths and written - followed by lunch. After lunch, those who passed the test are asked to stay for a CV interview and subsequently, a senior managing director interview.

The verbal test included grammar correction and the maths test was purely mental math - no calculators allowed. We were told that these two were more important than the written test. All three were highly time-pressured.

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round written test. Math is like SHL full length practice test. It is so hard to finish all questions in time. The 2nd round is case presentation but I failed to make it.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with a mix of basic accounting questions and behavior type questions. The SuperDay occurred a week after my call. The morning consisted of back-to-back behavioral/technical interviews, followed by a group lunch, concluding with a difficult computer assessment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on my school job board. Had a 2 part interview at school, behavioral and technical. Made it to final round in NYC in which I was interviewed by 3 people and had to do a written case.