FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Started off with numerical and verbal reasoning, no calculator allowed. Followed by a group exercise/ role play where you analyse a case study and suggest solutions for the client. The company tend to look for economic analysis and some calculation, similar to project management. Knowledge in Corporate Finance could help.

Interview Questions

• We were given a case that the client wanted to start a plan and had a few investment options available. You need to do an extensive calculation and determine which plan is the most profitable meanwhile satisfying some other social limitations.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview

General interview with a case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at FTI?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an assessment day, which involved three tests in the morning - verbal, maths and written - followed by lunch. After lunch, those who passed the test are asked to stay for a CV interview and subsequently, a senior managing director interview.

The verbal test included grammar correction and the maths test was purely mental math - no calculators allowed. We were told that these two were more important than the written test. All three were highly time-pressured.

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round written test. Math is like SHL full length practice test. It is so hard to finish all questions in time. The 2nd round is case presentation but I failed to make it.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with a mix of basic accounting questions and behavior type questions. The SuperDay occurred a week after my call. The morning consisted of back-to-back behavioral/technical interviews, followed by a group lunch, concluding with a difficult computer assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on my school job board. Had a 2 part interview at school, behavioral and technical. Made it to final round in NYC in which I was interviewed by 3 people and had to do a written case.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

The process similar to other processes. You start from online application, where you need to upload your cv and cover letter. Then, if you are successful, you are invited for 2 tests (numerical and verbal), where you don't have time to complete. And after that you are divided into teams, where you have to work together on 1 project. After that you have 30 min to read text and write a short review on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Interview consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions. Asked a lot of questions about past internships and which companies I follow.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the cash-flow-convergence cycle?   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

The first round interview was very conversational and on campus. There were a few market sizing questions but nothing very challenging.

The second round at FTI where there was a group case study and 3 behavioral interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• How many pizzas are eaten in a month in the U.S.   1 Answer