FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

304 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was eager to make the move, and I accepted the initial offer.

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Started off with numerical and verbal reasoning, no calculator allowed. Followed by a group exercise/ role play where you analyse a case study and suggest solutions for the client. The company tend to look for economic analysis and some calculation, similar to project management. Knowledge in Corporate Finance could help.

Interview Questions

• We were given a case that the client wanted to start a plan and had a few investment options available. You need to do an extensive calculation and determine which plan is the most profitable meanwhile satisfying some other social limitations.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2008.

Interview

behavior interview is the way to do it.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview

General interview with a case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at FTI?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an assessment day, which involved three tests in the morning - verbal, maths and written - followed by lunch. After lunch, those who passed the test are asked to stay for a CV interview and subsequently, a senior managing director interview.

The verbal test included grammar correction and the maths test was purely mental math - no calculators allowed. We were told that these two were more important than the written test. All three were highly time-pressured.

Graduate Consultants, Economic Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the process took more than 1 month before I received email invitation to assessment center. The assessment center consist of 4 parts: 1 30-min numerical test (it was not difficult, just simple addition and multiplication, but the time was limited and it was hard to finish on time), 1 30-min verbal test (it was more likely a GMAT format verbal tests, but quite difficult, and the time was so limited that you cannot finish all of them), 1 30-min interview with junior and senior consultants (CV-based, and the interviewers were very kind), 1 60-min writing test (summarize an article). The result has not come out yet, and there will be another round of interview with senior management if passing the first round.

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round written test. Math is like SHL full length practice test. It is so hard to finish all questions in time. The 2nd round is case presentation but I failed to make it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for the first round (2 30mins behavioral interviews with MDs). Made it to the super day where I had two behavioral interviews, one technical interview, and one case. Then after the interviews, all the super day interviewees went to lunch. There were about 20 of us and about 7 employees.

Interview Questions

• What are they types of projects we work on in this department?   1 Answer

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with a mix of basic accounting questions and behavior type questions. The SuperDay occurred a week after my call. The morning consisted of back-to-back behavioral/technical interviews, followed by a group lunch, concluding with a difficult computer assessment.