FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Interview

First round behavioral on campus - 45 min w/ basic questions that were to be expected. General conversation about my background and the core of the business.

Second round in office - 3 1 hr interviews. Asked basic questions, opportunity to ask interviewers many questions.

The entire process felt very fit based.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. At the second there are 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the managing directors. Very cool people not a high stress environment. However, there is a skills evaluation portion which tests financial/accounting knowledge and computer skills.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

First Round - math and verbal test, group case study, networking lunch

The case study was not easy and took a lot of collaboration. In the end, what mattered most was being concise and communicating information effectively.

Second round: writing exercise, 2 1-1 interviews

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Two first round interviews, mostly behavioral

Superday consisted of 3 interviews with directors and partners and a case study

Interview Questions

• How would you assess the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with four directors and managing directors. Very informal and mostly just wanted to see if we got along. Once passing that they brought me in for a written test.

Restructuring Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

After the initial screening, I had to complete a case study before being brought in for 4 face to face interviews. I met with people the consultant level to a managing director and then had lunch with them as well as the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why would I hire someone from an accounting background when I could hire an MBA or a consultant with experience?   Answer Question

First Year Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First round is quite simple-30 minutes, behavioral questions. No tricks, they just want to understand why you are interested in their particular type of consulting. Major plus points if you have accounting experience.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

1st round interview- on campus- mostly just go through your resume questions. asked about analytical skills, what coursework could help me with the job, what sort of outside experiences. asked about specific points on my resume.

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question