FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews. Most of the discussion was around personality, discussing positive and negative experiences I'd had and how I dealt with them, individually and in a team. There were some very soft technical questions too, asking about technology I'd used, including whether I enjoyed it / had an aptitude for it.

Interview Questions

• What would you look for to make sure that raw data you received from a client was complete and accurate?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview about two weeks later. The interviewers were very friendly and didn't seem rushed. Mostly asked behavioral questions but there were some questions about the research background as well. At the end of the interview, they gave me a chance to ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to compromise on a deadline.   Answer Question

Health Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website, chosen for an interview. It was a half-hour interview on my college campus with an interviewer who seemed pretty disinterested from the get-go. Got a rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why health care/consulting? How well do I function in a business environment?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me after I submitted an application about 2 days after and conducted a phone interview. After that, I was told that I was to schedule another phone interview with another member of the team. I interviewed with about 4 different individuals on the team in the next few days, including 2 Skype interviews. About a week later, I had not heard anything back. I called, and they told me that they were still conducting interviews, and they would have an update for me the next day. I decided to send an email a few days later in which I finally received a rejection letter, but would like to keep me in mind for future opportunities. No big deal, it just wasn't a fit so moved on. A few weeks after, the recruiter contacted me again and said there was another opening for the same position and I was ecstatic so I tried again. This time, I had scheduled a video interview which felt very casual. Prior, I had already informed the interviewer that I would not be in town for a few days, she confirmed and we still proceeded with the interview. I received a rejection email ONE day later, claiming that they had already found someone to fill the role and extended an offer. This may sound bitter, but it felt extremely unethical, and like a waste of time which I suspect may be for filling a minimum headcount of candidates for interviews and I felt used. I have learned my lesson and will never interview for this company ever again, and share my story to encourage others not to as well, or at least not to invest much time with a recruiter or interview. It was very unsettling and a slap in the face for being someone who interviewed two different rounds at different times for the same company, to find out that the interview I spent so much time preparing for, for a second round was for no reason. I didn't get the offer because they never actually considered me in the first place. Had they mentioned that they already had the role filled and I wouldn't be considered, rather than having me interview and string me along, my experience would not have been this bad. Be honest to your candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to juggle multiple tasks with varying levels of priority   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and comfortable interview, very conversational whilst still addressing core competencies. Interviewed by 3 senior members of the team all of whom were very professional but also welcoming. Questions were experience related rather than testing. Overall it was a good interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience to date.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Three "phases:" On campus interview, pre super day happy hour, actual super day. A combination of behavioral and technical questions, although the technical questions were not a full blown case study or full on financial technical interview. Interviewers were friendly, prepared, and would all later on be future colleagues in one capacity or another.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

At first I had 2 technical interviews (asked questions like the ones in the question section below), then I had to sit a spreadsheet exam (pretty difficult, financial modeling and sensitivity analysis on CF projections). Finally there is a fit interview with senior manager. The Process overall was fast (about 3 weeks in total)

Interview Questions

• How to help a company financially distressed? How to understand the root causes of the distress? How to develop an approach to survive in the short term and improve the situation in the mid to long term?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Questions had nothing to do with the position. Interviewer seemed rushed from the start- which made me feel uneasy. I wasn't even asked if I had any questions at the end of the interview. Very disappointed, especially after preparing for hours the day before. If all their employee's are as miserable as the interviewer seemed, I'd rather not work for FTI.

Internship in Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Paris (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

Entretien très agréable, interlocuteur cherchant à mettre à l'aise et très bon conseiller, l'ambiance est détendue et sereine dans une salle de réunion mise à disposition avec toutes les commodités nécessaires. L'entretien porte plus sur le poste en lui-même et l'adéquation au profil du candidat qu'au CV et parcours suivi, afin d'en tirer la réelle motivation du candidat et son intérêt pour le poste et les missions proposées.

Interview Questions

• Comment comprenez vous l'inutile du poste et les responsabilités qui vont avec ?   Answer Question

OCFO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard first-round on-campus interview with two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Very conversational and behavioral. The super day was 3 weeks after the first round. It consisted of a networking dinner the evening before and 4 back-to-back interviews and a written case. They were more technical than first-round interviews, but still very conversational. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy working with other members of the group.