FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to their representative at the University of Pittsburgh job fair then received a phone call a few days later. I was brought in with 9 other Interns and they introduced us to their software and split us up for individual interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• What is a class in object oriented programming   1 Answer

Graduate (Economics and Financial Consulting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 stage recruitment process. 1st stage assessment centre split between morning session (testing; numerical, verbal, written), and afternoon (group exercise). Only the top 9 scorers out of ~35 get taken to the afternoon section. Group exercise extensive, a lot of information involved, a variety of proposals possible.
    2nd stage: written case study, followed by 2 interviews (one case study relevant).

Interview Questions

• Relevant to group exercise; was asked to on-the-spot forecast 5yr profits if changes from our proposal were to be implemented   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an assessment day, which involved three tests in the morning - verbal, maths and written - followed by lunch. After lunch, those who passed the test are asked to stay for a CV interview and subsequently, a senior managing director interview.

The verbal test included grammar correction and the maths test was purely mental math - no calculators allowed. We were told that these two were more important than the written test. All three were highly time-pressured.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person who couldn't take the time to listen to what I was saying. They interrupted me several times and were very impatient. Highly unprofessional. It made me not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you faced in your last job.   Answer Question

Tax Advisory Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2016.

Interview

Online form with cover letter then telephone interview and then online assessments. Relatively straight forward but I assume I didn't pass the online assessments as they've not said anything to me since then, not even a rejection.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and was invited for the first stage assessment day at their office. Had 3 tests; numerical, written and group exercise. An informal lunch between the written test and group exercise which gives you an opportunity to meet the team. Numerical test is pretty standard and the written test is summarising an article.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was selected for an assessment centre in December. The assessment centre had about 20 people. There was a GMAT style numerical reasoning test, followed by an introduction to the company and department, and then a writing task (basically a summary and editing a sample piece of work prepared). After the writing task was an informal lunch, and then a group exercise on introducing a lottery system into a country.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if one block of advertising per week was sufficient.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received the interview three days after a telephone interview. There were two interviewers. Both were kind. The interview included mostly behaviour questions. The interviewers were interested in knowing my past work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      What is your expected salary?
      Answer Question