FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Economic and Financial Consulting - Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited around 2 weeks for CV reviewing. Then I was invited to their company and completed 3 written tests with other candidates in the morning. There are three written tests, including verbal, numerical and written tests. They are all GMAT style questions and the example numerical test given the email can also be used for preparation. The written test is being used for testing whether you have a good command of English. After three tests, we all stayed there for lunch and have chance to meet the recent graduate student who just joined them. Then, they informed us who would stay there for the following group exercise in the afternoon. There were 13 candidates and 6 has left.

Interview Questions

• The time is very limited, 30mins for 28 verbal questions, 30mins for 25 numerical questions and 30 mins for written test. Try to be prepared before attending the selection day.   Answer Question

EFC Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

If you get called in for the Assessment Centre (AC),

the first AC involves a few tests in the morning: numerical, and written. If you pass, you proceed to the Group Exercise.

You then get called back for the 2nd AC if you pass. This involves a written Case Study. You get put into a room for 100minutes with a laptop and some information. These may be in the form of e-mails, news clippings, etc. You will always certainly receive excel sheets with information on it.

Your task will be to compute a number of values. For instance, how much profit would a company have earned in the next year if they had operated then. The data will not always be 100% accurate, so they expect you to spot the mistakes and correct them.

You will have to write a report as well, and this takes a lot of time. So you will need to throw in your information as you go, and then structure it later. Not all the information is useful, so speed read. Take note of the important bits. A long article may only have 1 or 2 relevant sentences.

You don't need very impressive maths, as long as you can add, subtract, multiply, divide, you will be good. Just be careful of some values (they may be entered as negatives, rather than positives).

Once you have computed everything, report and all, the assessors will print a copy of your report and table, and talk to you about it. They will ask you about mistakes. And point out things with you. Generally, they are trying to understand why you are doing what you did in calculating and doing the report.

Some questions will involve "how did you go about finding the useful information" or something like that. They will also offer a few scenarios to you, and ask you how these particular scenarios may change your results. Think carefully, and listen to the questions properly. It is okay to clarify, but try not to sound nervous or hesitant or thrown off. The questions are simple if you think it step-by-step. Mostly, the questions involve "will this situation increase or decrease the value you have obtained?".

Try to think of things in terms of prices and supply as well. It helps.

You then have an interview with a Senior-Managing Director. It will be very friendly, but professional. They are trying to understand who you are as a person, and what you like about the company, and your understanding of the work that the company does. So be sure you know what the company's work entails, and what you find interesting about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing a company's share price? or a house?   1 Answer

Data & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

The on-campus interview was 2 30 minute rounds of mostly behavioral questions with only two technical questions. The interviewers were well organized and easy to communicate with; however, I felt as though some questions between the two interviewers were redundant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given a project with minimal direction as to how to go about the project.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

SHL maths (no calculator), GMAT verbal (I found difficult for non-native speakers), article summarizing (no background knowledge needed). The tests are 30 min each.

Lunch.

Then group exercise on lottery business.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair and was contacted after 2 weeks to schedule an interview for their summer internship program. Was subject to a panel interview with 2 people from HR and 1 from the finance department. Was asked to go through contents of resume with them and other standard behavioral questions.

Consultant - Forensic & Litigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Davis, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round interview - was just behavioral & resume based, going through cover letter and resume to provide examples of how you can prove the things you listed & what you took away from your prior experiences.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important lesson you learned/took away from each of the work experiences you have had (one thing per job)   Answer Question

Financial and Economic Summer: FLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Davis, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the 1st round of interviewing on campus after applying through my university's career center. Basic interview asking behavioral questions and going over your resume & experience. They'll ask you a technical question as well to see how you would go about solving an issue. You can find similar questions to these online. You will have time to ask the interviewer questions as well. Interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and was conducted by a Director.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why FTI?   Answer Question
    • How would you prepare if you were trying to impress someone with a presentation?   Answer Question
    • How would you prepare for an exam?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a goal but weren't able to achieve it and a different time you had a goal and were able to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • How many golf balls were sold in California last year?   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Was under the impression that it would be only a behavioral interview. The first 3-5 minutes of the interview was me giving an overview of who I am and my background. The remaining of the interview was technical questions. The questions felt very much like an investment banking interview. Both individuals were really rude and don't provide feedback on whether or not you are answering the questions appropriately. In addition, they very obviously were putting checks and x's next to the questions that I was getting right and wrong. Overall it was one of the weirdest and least personal interviews of recruiting on-campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is WACC? How do you calculate?   1 Answer
    • How would you value a company? What would show that a company is in distress?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and helpful in regards to the review process. Kept in contact for weeks during the process and helped me to prepare. Was a great guy.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you had to do in the workplace?   Answer Question

Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

applied online through university, contacted for on-campus interview shortly after. heard back after 3 weeks. very relaxed interview... there weren't many actual questions it was more of him talking and me responding. wish it would have been a little more constructed/purposeful. questions were general tell me about so and so on your resume. no technical questions related to engineering. recruiter was very welcoming and willing to share about the position