FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Behavioral Format - very easy, just providing examples from your work experiences. Recruiter was very informed and was able to answer all of my questions. The first interview was over the phone with corporate recruiting, and the second interview was conducted by the group manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you were part of a dysfunctional group? How did you meet your Objective?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to their representative at the University of Pittsburgh job fair then received a phone call a few days later. I was brought in with 9 other Interns and they introduced us to their software and split us up for individual interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• What is a class in object oriented programming   1 Answer

Graduate (Economics and Financial Consulting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 stage recruitment process. 1st stage assessment centre split between morning session (testing; numerical, verbal, written), and afternoon (group exercise). Only the top 9 scorers out of ~35 get taken to the afternoon section. Group exercise extensive, a lot of information involved, a variety of proposals possible.
    2nd stage: written case study, followed by 2 interviews (one case study relevant).

Interview Questions

• Relevant to group exercise; was asked to on-the-spot forecast 5yr profits if changes from our proposal were to be implemented   Answer Question

Document Review Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview, short and to the point. No in person meeting required for the position. Interviewer was professional and easy to talk to, asked standard questions regarding my career goals, if I was currently practicing law, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you done doc review before? If so which platforms have you used?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Interview

It was a phone call, spoke a lady. She asked me a few questions regarding the firm and my motivations. Not very difficult, just required being precise about your interests.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I got the job from an on-campus interview process through my MBA program. There was one round on-campus and one round at the company (a fully day of interviews).

Interview Questions

• There were fit, technical and even a group interview.

1) Fit interview was with an SMD. You need to get along well with the SMD otherwise it will be hard to get an offer.

2) The technical questions were with two different Managing Directors. The "technical" questions weren't really that technical. What actions would I take for a company bleeding cash? (Response: reduce spending by delaying selective A/R, lengthen Payables, and sell off unneeded assets.) Question: Tell me about a project you worked on? How would you evaluate whether it was financially sound? Re: I would do an NPV analysis (explain details).

3) Group Interview: This was an unusual one and I'm not sure they still do this. We read a brief case study and then discussed how to proceed.
      1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an assessment day, which involved three tests in the morning - verbal, maths and written - followed by lunch. After lunch, those who passed the test are asked to stay for a CV interview and subsequently, a senior managing director interview.

The verbal test included grammar correction and the maths test was purely mental math - no calculators allowed. We were told that these two were more important than the written test. All three were highly time-pressured.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person who couldn't take the time to listen to what I was saying. They interrupted me several times and were very impatient. Highly unprofessional. It made me not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you faced in your last job.   Answer Question