FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an assessment day, which involved three tests in the morning - verbal, maths and written - followed by lunch. After lunch, those who passed the test are asked to stay for a CV interview and subsequently, a senior managing director interview.

The verbal test included grammar correction and the maths test was purely mental math - no calculators allowed. We were told that these two were more important than the written test. All three were highly time-pressured.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person who couldn't take the time to listen to what I was saying. They interrupted me several times and were very impatient. Highly unprofessional. It made me not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you faced in your last job.   Answer Question

Tax Advisory Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2016.

Interview

Online form with cover letter then telephone interview and then online assessments. Relatively straight forward but I assume I didn't pass the online assessments as they've not said anything to me since then, not even a rejection.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and was invited for the first stage assessment day at their office. Had 3 tests; numerical, written and group exercise. An informal lunch between the written test and group exercise which gives you an opportunity to meet the team. Numerical test is pretty standard and the written test is summarising an article.

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through college/university. Got an email asking whether I was available for an interview. Accepted and scheduled interview for next week. Easy interview. Got offer day after and was given 1 week to accept.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question. Teamwork oriented.   1 Answer

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was given a chance to interview. The interview consisted of two 30 minute talks with managing directors from the company. Very casual conversations and nothing too difficult was asked.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was selected for an assessment centre in December. The assessment centre had about 20 people. There was a GMAT style numerical reasoning test, followed by an introduction to the company and department, and then a writing task (basically a summary and editing a sample piece of work prepared). After the writing task was an informal lunch, and then a group exercise on introducing a lottery system into a country.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if one block of advertising per week was sufficient.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received the interview three days after a telephone interview. There were two interviewers. Both were kind. The interview included mostly behaviour questions. The interviewers were interested in knowing my past work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      What is your expected salary?
      Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1) Online Application
    2) Brief 10-minute phone interview.
    3)Numerical and Verbal tests online.
    4)Assessment Centre.

Passed my online application and had my phone interview. Interview was short and concise. I was only asked 3-4 questions:
    1) what skills do you have that you can bring to your role?
    2) why are you interested in tax?
    3) why are you interested in FTI's Graduate Scheme

Am still in the recruitment process!