FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

313 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Restucturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus and received an interview. Was two back to back 30 minute interviews. First interview was with an MD who insisted I sit as far away from him as possible in a seat facing the other direction. Asked irrelevant questions such as what jobs my parents and siblings had. Second interview was with two younger associates and was more case/technical based.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited capital what business would you make   Answer Question

Restructuring Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Found through on-campus, interviewed then was flown out for a superday. Great networking and meal the first night. Breakfast, 3 interviews, and lunch on the second day. Found out really early on the next week. Good process, good people.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, invited to assessment day, 4 written tests, very hard, time pressured, after the written tests i was essentially told i had not done well enough and to go home

Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career website. They got back to me fairly quickly afterwards asking for an in-person interview. I was not in town so we scheduled a Skype interview, which took place about a week after initial contact.

The interview was pretty standard. I spoke to two FTI consultants and they told me about the company and what the internship would entail. Afterwards, they asked me a few question about what I do and why I'm interested in the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2017.

Interview

30-minute interview on-campus, was really difficult. My interviewer only asked one behavioral question and didn't really seem interested in what I had to say. You have to have your technicals down cold, this felt like an Investment Banking style interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the three main valuation methods?   Answer Question
    • How would you get to finding 13 weeks of cash flows?   Answer Question
    • How are the three financial statements related?   Answer Question
    • If I had an analog watch and the time read 3:00 PM, and I wound the clock forward to 1 hour and 5 minutes, would the angle between the minute and hour hands be the same or not?   1 Answer

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for 30 minutes with an alumni consultant. The interview was more of a conversation about my projects and interests. Second step is a super day in NYC.

SummerHealth Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career site, and got an interview within a week. There were two 30 minutes interviews. Both of them were behavioral. Both of them were very nice and enjoyed answering questions about the company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

This company has no respect for others time. I had several interviews lined up on this particular day and the person I was supposed to be meeting with had me waiting over 30 minutes.

Transaction Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

A relatively straight forward behavioral interview with a slight tilt to the technical side. Nothing overly difficult. About 30 minutes long. Interviewer didn't have much "fluff" was relatively quick and straight to the point.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews. Most of the discussion was around personality, discussing positive and negative experiences I'd had and how I dealt with them, individually and in a team. There were some very soft technical questions too, asking about technology I'd used, including whether I enjoyed it / had an aptitude for it.

Interview Questions

• What would you look for to make sure that raw data you received from a client was complete and accurate?   Answer Question